Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)

Project Life Help Please

I am interested in doing something in the new year along the lines of project life. Have any of you done or are doing PL at the moment, I'm not really sure how it woks, Do I have to buy all the gear or can I just use what I have.
    Does it have to be done in album form etc.
    I would really love to hear what you have done, what kind of format you went for and anything else you think would be helpful.
    Swaps: Christmas Stocking Swap

My Blog
    http://bluemoocrafts.typepad.com/my-blog/

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I haven't but might be worth looking at this

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    If you look in the Inspiration and challenges forum, there is a Project Life sub forum. You could ask people on there how they have done things this year. I know people were working in different ways and not everyone was using all the becky Higgins bits.

Cris

View Gallery

Oh lovely, thank you, I didn't think to look there.

My Blog

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    At some point, cause I am ALWAYS dithering over "do I want to start PL or not?" (mostly because I make a lot of printables that can be used for PL and Smash book type projects but mostly because I like playing with my program used to design and seeing what I can do ) I had the idea to use baseball card holders for a PL style book. I blogged it, then kind or put my foot down and said NO I WILL NOT start something like this, but now I am back to dithering again

I will finish up my year long weekly project of techniques and am thinking maybe this should be something I do, if for no reason other than to make me actually take photos of something other than my desk

I feel like the baseball card sleeves (or Pokemon sleeves if you prefer) are smaller and I think they could be made to work. I have a few ideas that could make it work. We'll see.

Life is a minestrone scarymary555's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (30)
    I've been dithering too since all these new posts and have finally decided to go for it!! But not using the (highly expensive) Becky Higgins stuff........just general purpose and 'make do and mend' i.e. be creative!! Must order an album though....think I'll go with AC D ring as I llike them.
    Mary x

Plant smiles, grow laughter, harvest love... dancingqueen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I've been doing it for four years now, and love it. It doesn't take too much time, if you're organized, and you can certainly do it using whatever stash you have on hand.

I use AC ring binder albums and AC divided page protectors. I make journaling cards out of what I have or download and print freebies when I need to - there are lots of freebie downloads on my PL Pinterest board here.

There's a really good post on how to approach PL organization - by Lisa Truesdell - here.

You'll love it once you get going and you've got in to the rhythm of it!

We were looking at some of our older PL albums last night, we all had a really good time, laughing, reminiscing. It's so worth the time it takes (around an hour a week printing the photos and an hour or two, for me, putting the week's spread together).

View Gallery

Thank you ladies, I think I will have a go, I can manage an hour or two each week, that sounds do-able.
    I had a look at your pinterest Dancing Queen and I am loving the look of all the stuff you have on there. I'm hooked.

Off to have a look for page protectors,, I have an album I can use, just need to sort pp and I will be ready to go.

Super excited now, thank you all

My Blog

Plant smiles, grow laughter, harvest love... dancingqueen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I found the tips from Lisa Truesdell (in the link I posted) really helpful when I read it (and I'd been doing PL for a few years by then). Hope you find it useful too

You'll find it completely addictive once you start but you do need to get in to a routine fairly early otherwise it'll become a stress not a pleasure......I got behind by about 6 weeks over the summer (due to holidays etc) and I had an awful time getting back in to it in late August but, as soon as I'd cleared the backlog, all the happiness came straight back.....it's such a unique project and so valuable when you look back on the albums.