Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)

Photo printing help

We've just bought a new Epson printer and I have been using it today to,print photos for our crop on Monday. Unfortunately All the photos have a definite blue-ish tinge to them and look really odd. I have tried altering the settings on photoshop and re-printing but they are still very blue. DH is looking at the printer settings but I just wondered if anyone could give me any tips. We are using compatible printer inks and I bought some new Epson paper today. It's such a shame as it was so easy to print off the different sizes.
    ANNIE

Owner of Janome MC9900 & Brother ScanNCut
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    it sounds as thought the ink may not be mixing properly somehow but i am not an expert.

it may also be the fact that you are not using the specified inks

there is usually a way of testing the colour balance or doing a print head clean.

i have to say i had an epson and it was rubbish i bought compatible inks for it and it kept telling me it didn't have any ink even thought i had put brand new full cartridges in it.

I have a HP wireless now and its fine

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Are you changing the paper type to photo paper. You could do ahead clean followed by print head alignment within the maintenance. I've got an Epson and it will only work with Epson inks. We have found that Canon are by far the best printers.

Sheila

Hev, not a complete lunatic, but getting there! Mystery Woman's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    I've always had an Epson printer, and always used compatible inks - but I've never had any trouble like this. In fact I'm always getting comments on how good the quality of my printed photos is! Oh, and I've always used the phot paper from Lidls too!

June points 0 SLO, 0 DLO, 0 Weekly Challenge, 6 Cards = 30 points

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Thanks for your replies. I printed some more photos and it would seem that the ones with lots of natural blue - skies, sea etc - are the problem ones. Others seemed to be ok. I also changed the setting before printing, eg for people, and that made a difference too. So I,think I'll be selective about which photos I print on this printer and use my little Canon selphy as well. Thanks again.
    ANNIE