Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The new update

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Well how is this for a reply -

Hello,
    We are truly sorry for the bug presented in this version. It appears that some users have reported that upon creation of a font that they style is not able to be adjusted. Please note that this is only during the creation stage. After the text has been created, you may click off of it and then back on to alter the font style.

We are aware of this, and we are working to have it corrected in the next version as well. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
    Thanks!

The Silhouette Support Team

- not only an apology but no techno-speak and almost a promise to have it corrected!!
    Meanwhile I go back to the previous version and I want to know what Lucille has got which we mere mortals don't have .........!

Sue

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Thanks for letting us know Sue

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by silverst170 View Post
    I ve told mine not to update at all Shirley lol.... Don't fix it if it's not broken I say... and I think I GOT that from Lucille.
    Blah , that's the whole point of updates to fix bugs and improve things, struth girl you gota keep up with the software leave you alone you would still be using Inkscape .46

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Blah , that's the whole point of updates to fix bugs and improve things, struth girl you gota keep up with the software leave you alone you would still be using Inkscape .46

No mine's not broke Lucille 1.9 version I am sticking with it.. I can't afford bugs

And I am on .46 inkscape that's not broken either
    Tina craft robo

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by silverst170 View Post
    No mine's not broke Lucille 1.9 version I am sticking with it.. I can't afford bugs

And I am on .46 inkscape that's not broken either
    Neither is .48 time to update before the next update. It's only cookers and stuff like that I don't replace unless it's broken.

View Gallery

My PC had not problems until yesterday when I loaded the new version of Silhouette Studio
    v 2.7.0

Old and new Studio programs/files open same as usual.
    When I tried to convert a trusted old .gsd to .studio the warning 'file may be corrupt'.

I know the .gsd file is NOT corrupt.

Therefore, I suspect the culprit is the NEW .Studio I just uploaded yesterday.
    Petrina

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I use the software on windows and mac computers. Some of my GSD files won't open either. Its odd because some will and others wont. No pattern to it.It's only hapened since I updated the software. I have DE version too.

View Gallery

I'm not convinced this is a recent problem, some of you may have noticed that quite some time ago, I spent months opening every file we have that had a wire-frame screen shot in Studio and replacing them with more attractive screen shots, about 1 in a 100 files threw up the error you are getting now.

Perhaps the fault has always been there, it's just got worse or seems worse because everyone is now opening files looking for the error. Either way it's been reported and they will fix it with the next update, we hope

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank you for letting us know about the problem I wondered what was going on when i could mot open some of my gsd files I have now gone back to the previous version and everything is ok now Annex

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes-made View Post
    I was just about to make a post about the latest update when I read this thread.
    Not only have I the corrupt files message but I am also having problems with the text function. I only seem to able to write in the first font on the list (in my case ariel) and then select that and change it to the font of choice, long winded and it appears quite 'flakey' (temperamental)
    I will write to GA but wondered if anyone else had the problem
    Sue
    I thought there was aproblem with the fonts too, but I think that they may have changed the way that you change fonts. You need to click on the mat first , then select the font you want.