Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

newbie requires help to begin...

I am completely new to Card Making. Over the last couple of months I have been collecting quite a few magazines, and am starting to build up a nice collection of free stuff... digi stamps, toppers (same thing?), backing papers, etc.

1. I am finding though that the majority of the tutorials they have in the mags are quite vague. What is the best way to learn (right from scratch)?

2. What is the difference between using promarkers, letra-summat pens and say using felt pens?

3. I understand the use of ink pads, for the stampers. But what are these distress pads I keep hearing about?

Am sure I have more questions to come lmao

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (51)
    Hi and welcome to the forum

I suggest the best way to learn if you have seen a technique in a magazine you like the look off, then google and you will usually find utube demos, which are much easier to follow.

There are definately some for using distress inks and probably for most things.

There is also a Techniques section on here in the Scrapping part of the forum, that may have direct links and the help you require.

Happy crafting

View Gallery

Hi. As, thanks for the warm welcome. Thanks for the YouTube suggestion, will defo take a look. Any answers for second and third questions?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

There's a huge difference between ordinary felt tip pens and the Letraset ones. Felt tips tend to be water based and so will make your printed or stamped outline run. Pro-markers are alcohol based and don't streak, blob or otherwise leave marks in your work, that might not matter for something small but as you move to larger projects it makes a difference.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (42)
    Hello!

About your third question... Distress ink is a specially-formulated version of dye ink, its slower drying than other dyes, and pigment-stable so it doesn't split into composite dyes when worked wet, whilst still being water-reactive.

I'm a sponsor who sells Stampin' Up! products and on my blog I post how to's and tutorials, plus will be uploading technique videos - feel free to get in touch and request one x

Personal blog *
    Craftaholics TL & Blue Brad DTL * CJs: MojoII&III * SWAPS: Nada!