Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

More questions on big shot

Hi all

Sorry, me again.

I have been testing out my big shot by cutting out dies that I have purchased, but I have noticed that when I cut something out that it leaves an impression on the cutting mats too. I then cut out another die and it had a slight impression of a die that I had cut out previously.

Is there any way to stop this happening and how long should the cutting mats last before you are ment to purchase replacements.

Thanks

Kels xx

Dedicated Scrapper SilverTiger2's Avatar
    View Gallery

My cuttlebug cutting mat is scarred and battered beyond belief - but it keeps going, bless it ! Had the bug for 3 or 4 years now, use it almost every day and this is only it's second cutting mat. I have never seen it mark new cuts with impressions of previous cuts though.

Janina Beckett
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (82)
    this is normal.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Great, thanks all xx

Loves playing with Studio BathBelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Hi Kels. I used to get this as well and found it really annoying to get the previous cut marks transferring from the plates to the good side of what I had just cut. I invested in a new set of plates which I now keep solely to go on the top (good side) so it never gets marked by the cutting side of the die. (I always cut by putting the plate on the bottom, then the card, then the die, then the top plate - I know some people put the card on top of the die in which case you would need to put your 'best' plate on the bottom.
    Ruth

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by BathBelle View Post
    Hi Kels. I used to get this as well and found it really annoying to get the previous cut marks transferring from the plates to the good side of what I had just cut. I invested in a new set of plates which I now keep solely to go on the top (good side) so it never gets marked by the cutting side of the die. (I always cut by putting the plate on the bottom, then the card, then the die, then the top plate - I know some people put the card on top of the die in which case you would need to put your 'best' plate on the bottom.
    Oh that's a really good idea, I will have to do that, I didn't realize that it would do that coz I would have done that in the first place x

Have caught a bug! Scrapping! Allyj50's Avatar
    1 mile from EastLancs A580 Golborne island between Manchester and Liverpool
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (49)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kels View Post
    Hi all

Sorry, me again.

I have been testing out my big shot by cutting out dies that I have purchased, but I have noticed that when I cut something out that it leaves an impression on the cutting mats too. I then cut out another die and it had a slight impression of a die that I had cut out previously.

Is there any way to stop this happening and how long should the cutting mats last before you are ment to purchase replacements.

Thanks

Kels xx

This is extremely normal for the plates to become marked.
    The plates should be used alternatively top and bottom otherwise the plates will become bowed with use
    My current plates are about a year old but are coming up to their end of life soon. 150 cuts is the average I think but you will know when you need replacement plates. Now is the time to start looking around for a set if possible. I always have a spare set of plates for all my dies over and over what I already own.

A x
    aLLy x
    Glitterbugs Team Member Blue Brads House
    Back after a 2 year break for PL info