Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Thread: Superstitions !

Dedicated Scrapper SilverTiger2's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Superstitions !

Someone has commisioned me to make a 'new baby girl' card - her grand-daughter is due next month. Thing is - she wants making now. I don't have a problem with that - but my friends are all jumping up and down saying don't do it - it is totally bad luck to make things for a baby until after it is born (How does that work ?) and , also, what if it turns out to be a boy ?

I have never heard this superstition before, and she is very sure that it will be a girl - what do others think ?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I think you're not making it for the baby, you're making it for her grandmother. What do they do in the card shops - order one at the counter as soon as the baby pops out and wait while they make it? I think not...

Tell your friends to leave you alone and amuse themselves running round the shops berating retailers for having baby goods on sale, lol.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Unless she is sure it is a baby girl there is no point in making it.

We were all convinced my niece was having a girl, name picked out and everything and I made the card with her name on. Of course, she had a boy so I had to hurriedly make a boy card.

By the way, I was hesitant about making a card until I knew the baby was safely delivered but tried to dismiss those thoughts as being totally negative, but I can understand other people feeling this way.

I would make one of each so you don't get caught out. You will always use it at some point.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Nerlly View Post
    I think you're not making it for the baby, you're making it for her grandmother. What do they do in the card shops - order one at the counter as soon as the baby pops out and wait while they make it? I think not...

Tell your friends to leave you alone and amuse themselves running round the shops berating retailers for having baby goods on sale, lol.

Thank you !

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Susie.A View Post

I would make one of each so you don't get caught out. You will always use it at some point.
    That is a good idea - or - light bulb over head time - make the card 'white on white', keep the text neutral, and make two lids for the box - one pink and one blue !

Thanks everyone for your help - I feel more positive about it now !

View Gallery

The card is done - I went with pink after all so the Stork better bring the right one. Pictures up in the gallery if anyone wants to see.