Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Do you keep a record

of cards that you have made? As in, take photos of finished cards and store them for future reference, for example if you're really proud of it and want to re-make it. Does anybody keep a record of their cards?!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I do

Hi Flightless

Yes, I do usually keep a record (I am a 'last minute' card maker and sometimes I am so pushed for time that I forget to do it).

I take photographs and then download them to a folder on the computer so the 'record' takes no space and can be enlarged to see the details.

I sometimes feel it's a bit egotistical to do it but it's a really nice way to look back and remember other people's special occasions. Also, memory isn't what it once was and this is a great help in bringing to mind ideas that have fallen through the holes in my 'lacy' brain!

Why are you asking? Is it something you do?

Kind regards

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I'm very new to cardmaking/scrapbooking, and was just wondering really. I thought that if I made a really nice card, I'd like some way to remember it, and wondered how other people did it/if others bothered at all! Thanks very much for your reply, it's a much better idea to store it on the computer/USB stick!

Dedicated Scrapper SilverTiger2's Avatar
    View Gallery

I usually photograph and keep specials, and since I have joined here and begun to take part in the challenges I have taken more and put them up in the gallery here. The really special ones I have put into a loose leaf binder so - if someone asks me to make them a card - I can show them what sort of things that I do. If you mention things like parchement, Iris folding or tea bagging to a non-crafter their eyes glaze over ! LOL! But if you can show them a picture it makes more sense.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Ooh that's a really good idea, I never really thought about having a portfolio!

Loves playing with Studio BathBelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

I keep meaning to do this so I can remember what I have sent to someone so I don't send them the same again and to give me ideas for future occasions. The trouble is I keep forgetting to do it.
    Ruth

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Yes. I like to have pictures of the cards I've made. Trouble is, like everyone else, I usually put it in the envelope and send it/give it to someone and then think, oh bother (or similar) - I forgot to take a photo!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Yes, I always try to remember to take a photo or scan all my work, cards, ATCs, and general paper craft. I started when I was mainly doing needlepoint and cross stitch as I made a lot of stuff to give away, and it's carried over. I enjoy looking back over what I've made when I'm not feeling very creative and gives me a boost!

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I am not very good at card making, I do take photo's but I never like how the cards look.

Unable to read a book without altering it.. Miss Lemon's Avatar
    View Gallery

I take photos of ones which turn out nice, so that I can reproduce them later, or occasionally put them on my blog. I don't print the photos out, I just keep them in a folder on my pc for reference.

I've also started keeping a list of which cards I've sent to which people, because I make multiples of the same card and sometimes can't remember if I've already sent that person the same card last year!!
    Claudia

I have 2 blogs now: one for Arty Stuff... and one just for Cards

CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

I photograph most of mine and store in a special folder - grouped by names e,g, mens, new baby, wedding etc. Also I have another folder called "card idea" - and when I see a picture on line of something I really like by another cardmaker I save into that folder. I have used it SO often to inspire me. Not direct copies - just inspiration.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Yes ..... well keeping records of other peoples cards is a whole other story!!!! Just like YiaYia I have lots of pics of other peoples cards - always such a source of inspiration.

I also scan pics from magazines of good ideas and keep them in a special folder. Also take my camera to craftshows and photograph their demonstration cards (with permission, of course). I was standing behind the door when God gave out imagination so am very grateful I can get inspiration from other sources.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (67)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerlly View Post
    Yes. I like to have pictures of the cards I've made. Trouble is, like everyone else, I usually put it in the envelope and send it/give it to someone and then think, oh bother (or similar) - I forgot to take a photo!
    Snap !

View Gallery

i take photos of most of them but mainly to upload to here or similar and my blog when i remember to that is!

i use to print them and put them in a binder but it was such a chore i stopped.

i like to look through the album though and see how my style has changed and how i've improved - hopefully lol!!!!

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTiger2 View Post
    I usually photograph and keep specials, and since I have joined here and begun to take part in the challenges I have taken more and put them up in the gallery here. The really special ones I have put into a loose leaf binder so - if someone asks me to make them a card - I can show them what sort of things that I do. If you mention things like parchement, Iris folding or tea bagging to a non-crafter their eyes glaze over ! LOL! But if you can show them a picture it makes more sense.
    lol i have seen this face when showing my digi photos!!!!