My boy's

by bramblepie

Mum

by Claire59

May week 4 2017

by elainevking

Love to Act

by Mary Buttons

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Swaps & Circle Journals > Circle Journals

Notices

Kalulu banner

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    I grew back ... like a starfish. Kitty Crafts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (98)

From the Ashes Art Journal CJ - Host - Kitty Crafts

Description: From the Ashes Art Journal CJ

This is an open Art Journal/Mixed Media CJ with each participant choosing theme for their own book. Journalling in your CJ is optional, ie you may want to receive journal pages for you to write in.

Each person to decide whether they want to just have one page or whether they send around a journal for other participants to add to etc ... it is your CJ so your choice

Books should be in an Art Journal/Mixed Media style. No scrapbooking pages. Please state in your book if there are materials you do not wished to be used, things for example you don't like the texture or look of. ie Nude pictures, buttons, glitter etc.

Organiser’s Name: Kitty Crafts (Karen)

Posting Schedule : Post on 1st of the month.

1st posting: Between Wednesday 6th June and Saturday 9th June - due to Bank Holiday Mon & Tue
    2nd posting: Monday 2nd July
    3rd posting: Wednesday 1st August
    4th posting: Saturday 1st September (post Friday or Monday if easier)
    5th posting: Monday 1st October
    6th posting: Thursday 1st November
    7th posting: Saturday 1st December (post Fri or Monday if easier)
    8th posting: Fri 4th January 2013
    9th posting: Friday 1st February
    10th posting: Friday 1st March

Rules for Mailing:
    Please post your CJ in a heavy-duty, padded envelope (eg jiffy bag) which will take the reuse and abuse by Royal Mail.
    It is recommended that the CJ is additionally placed in a sandwich/ziplock bag within the jiffy bag to protect it from the elements.

All posting should be Recorded (can be 2nd class) and on or as close as possible to the dates listed above.
    Please retain your post office recept until CJ has reached its destination and I have recorded it as received on here.

IMPORTANT: Please check in on the CJ thread every time you POST and every time you RECEIVE a journal, and please let the thread or host know if you have any problems that will prevent you sticking to the timetable - communication is the key to a successful CJ for all participants

Please do not post on any new cj thread until the organiser has posted immediately after the initial post by me. This will allow all the important information to be kept at the top of the thread.

Please make sure that all of the CJs that you are participating in are listed in your signature.
    Last edited by Kitty Crafts; 07-06-2012 at 01:15 AM.
    ATC x 3 Swap *** Matchbox Swap *** Chinese Whisper Card Swap *** Twisted Sisters AJ CJ

Blog Thingy

View Gallery

Evening ladies Here is our thread. Please don't be shy ... use this space to chat about your themes, what type of journal you want, likes and dislikes maybe? Even the weather We also need to decide on a name as that is only temporary (unless you want to keep it??) and we need to decide on a posting date - I know some of you were all ready to go in the other thread but the rest of us need to start from scratch

Kitty Crafts - A Right Mixed Bag !! Has Colour {Shades of} my world (A)
    Yolanda - Inspiration Has 'Today I'm Feeling ...' (A)
    Winterbaby - Pop Art Has A Right Mixed Bag !! (A)
    Ani - 'Everything stops for tea...' Has Inspiration (A)
    Xmasbaby - Steampunk/ladies/grunge Has Pop My Art (A)
    Violaceous - Word Play Posted 'Everything stops for tea...' (A) Has (S)
    Scrapnanny - Colour {Shades of} my world HasSteampunk/ladies/grunge (A)
    Wicked Angel - 'Today I'm feeling. . ." Has Wordplay (A)
    Last edited by Kitty Crafts; 30-07-2012 at 08:51 PM.
    ATC x 3 Swap *** Matchbox Swap *** Chinese Whisper Card Swap *** Twisted Sisters AJ CJ

Blog Thingy

ohhhh i seee :) thanks Violaceous's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (33)
    Hello
    I'm Siān Swaps: Mini Junk Journal Matchbox Swap Mini Canvas 3 CJ's: Twisted Sisters!!! Team: Secret Swappers House: Blue Brads Pinterest: spiritofsian Crafty Blog: Life In The Sunshine Personal Blog: God's Milk Let us be lovely and let us be kind and let us be silly and free. It won't make us famous it won't make us rich but dammit how HAPPY we'll be. Edward Monkton

View Gallery

Evenin'

Blog Thingy

View Gallery

Guv'ner *tips hat*
    I'm Siān Swaps: Mini Junk Journal Matchbox Swap Mini Canvas 3 CJ's: Twisted Sisters!!! Team: Secret Swappers House: Blue Brads Pinterest: spiritofsian Crafty Blog: Life In The Sunshine Personal Blog: God's Milk Let us be lovely and let us be kind and let us be silly and free. It won't make us famous it won't make us rich but dammit how HAPPY we'll be. Edward Monkton

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (47)
    Good Morning.
    Chris
    January tag swap. Mixed media swap
    Twisted Sisters AJ CJ. 2017 Chinese CJ.

Every artist was first an amateur. ani's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (59)
    Good I have found you.
    The sun is shining, it's the weekend, bliss.
    Just finished reading last months craft stamper whilst at work last night. ( it was very quiet) I am very drawn to the image transfers and black gesso. This will be my first dabbles with Art Journaling am I heading in the right direction. I get the not a scrapbook page & mixed media bit, anything goes.
    Ani

View Gallery

Morning all

Ani - it is my first go too, although I have done a few pages for myself ... but there is lots to look at, I have googled and looked at the gallery on here and also looked at the pages people are doing in the Art Journal/Art Journey forum. I'll have to have another look in CS .. I wasn't too impressed with this months I do have a great art journalling book that one of my team mates sent me, I'll have another read through that for inspiration

I am thinking of just sending loose pages around, and you can choose to do 1, 2 or even more ... however the mood takes you I have another art journal that will be doing the rounds and so I think I'd like to stick the pages in that ... not sure of a theme yet.

Blog Thingy

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (87)
    Just checking in Thanks for the pm Karen x We're busy decorating the bedroom at the moment in Natural Hessian, it looks really good
    Tracy http://winterbaby-handmadecreations.blogspot.co.uk/
    Swap's: CJ's
    Keep Calm and Carry on Crafting.

View Gallery

Hello I was doodling in my notebook last night - as you do - and I came up with my theme for this CJ - I'd like it to be word play please. There will be a (big) list of words in the front and its up to each person to choose a word, maybe several words, and create a LO based on said word

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (47)
    Good Morning, I have decided on my theme Colour {Shades of}my world.A love\hate relationship, I love green but hate vivid acid green, I love deep purples but hate pale lilac, I love all shades of red except for blood red. I make loads of pages to put in my folders but have only done one book {52 questions } so have decided on my moleskin. I stuck some pages together and will do a few random pages so you can do your page where ever you fancy. That's the idea so far. The sun is shinning so no playing until tonight I'm off to get some inspiration in my garden.Hat, coat and gloves included because it's freezing. the joys of living in Scotland.
    Forgot to say I love the name. I don't like glitter, crows and one eyed people, they freak me out. other than that anything goes.
    Dam I've just burnt the sausage. Off to clear the smoke.
    Last edited by scrapnanny; 06-05-2012 at 08:51 AM.
    Chris
    January tag swap. Mixed media swap
    Twisted Sisters AJ CJ. 2017 Chinese CJ.

View Gallery

Nice theme Chris I LOVE colour and I imagine a journal filled with different colours would look amazing

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (87)
    Morning all I am thinking of doing a photo/product lable art theme for my cj. You pick a photo or a lable from your fav. food/craft/drink/film etc and place which ever, or you might like to do both, and place them central on your pages and then you continue to draw, paint, craft around your chosen photo/lable but on the remaining blank parts of the pages...sounds a bit complicated the way i've worded it, but it's lots of fun to do I remember doing one at school about 24/25 years ago yesssssssssss I can still remember that far back This kind of art has an actual name, but for the life of me I can't remember what you call it
    Tracy http://winterbaby-handmadecreations.blogspot.co.uk/
    Swap's: CJ's
    Keep Calm and Carry on Crafting.

View Gallery

I know what you mean Tracy, the art room in my daughter's school has a wall with some on I am still thinking of my theme but I am almost decided ... Chris - your 1st page of colour could be charcoal

Blog Thingy

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (19)
    Hello ladies . . . . erm I'm a wee bit rusty on all things arty crafty and I'm in desperate need of some motivation . . . so, could I join in please ? I promise to play nice and share my crayons

m x
    I think signatures are over rated From the Ashes Art Journal CJ Creativity Rocks

+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast