Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)

DIY printing on Canvas paper?

Has anyone tried printing out using canvas photo paper? I've tried to on my HP deskjet but it won't feed through. Suggestions what i might be doing wrong, or is it not that straightforward?

Thank you.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I have heard that HP doesn't like different paper to it's own!!! I have used the Canvas photo paper from the £shop (!) and it goes through my Epson do problem!!!

I grew back ... like a starfish. Kitty Crafts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (99)
    I have used the canvas paper and love it, mine was Polaroid and was also from the pound shop (they haven't had it for a while so I'll stock up if they get it again) My printer is Epson too. Can you change the settings on your printer (properties I think it is), then change to heavyweight paper or card?
    Christmas Stocking Swap *** ATCoin Swap

Blog Thingy

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    Thank you ladies. I did look in the settings for canvas but not there so choose something else but for the life of me can't remeber what now! Lol (makes mental note to look at Epsom when printer needs replacingLOL)

Desperately seeking scraptime.... CoventryAnn's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I've used Aldi's canvas photo paper in a HP printer no problem, it's not too heavy in weight and prints nicely. Over the years I've come to the conclusion that HP just want to rip me off by forcing me to buy their consumables.
    http://coventryann.blogspot.com/
    mAR Points -SLO 7x10 = 70 DLO x10= WklyChall wk1= wk2= wk3=25 wk 4= ;House chall= SimpRec = Cards 5x10= 50 SLYMIR 4 x30=120 Total = 265 SLYMI Reboot total 5/7

I grew back ... like a starfish. Kitty Crafts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (99)
    Have any of you tried the actual canvas for photos (not the paper version) again it is from the pound shop (2 x A4) and the photos come out really good ... it can be very temperamental though - going through the printer. I printed 2 no problem then when I tried again, the printer threw a wobbler! Trial and error I guess.
    Christmas Stocking Swap *** ATCoin Swap

Blog Thingy

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    I'm on my second HP printer having tried Epson and hated them, lol, and I never use HP papers, but always cheaper alternatives, and have never had a problem, think it maybe depends on the model rather than the make. I'm using the Deskjet 3050 just now.

Fat bottomed girls - We make the rockin' world go round :D whoopidoo's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    I've got the HP Photosmart premium and it's a nightmare. So temperamental, whenever we have to change printers I doubt I'll get HP. If it wasn't for the fact I won it and didn't actually pay for it I'd be complaining a lot louder. It gobbles up ink too.
    Carmen x

Instagram

Christmas Stocking Swap

Loves playing with Studio BathBelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Don't get an Epson, I've had two and the ink must evaporate it goes so quickly and I could only get it to print on thin paper. I'm using an HP Photosmart at the moment which takes thin card and is much more economic with ink.

Ruth

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    I was able to print on canvas from the pound shop on my HP. I had to get rid of my HP though because it got locked in a circle of trying to boot up, and then shutting down-could take all day to actually boot up!!
    I now have a kodak, but the print quality isn't as good as the HP imo.
    MY SCRAPPY BLOG MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG
    THE SCRAPBOOK MAGAZINE DT

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    I was able to print on canvas from the pound shop on my HP. I had to get rid of my HP though because it got locked in a circle of trying to boot up, and then shutting down-could take all day to actually boot up!!
    I now have a kodak, but the print quality isn't as good as the HP imo.
    I've got a Kodak; I can't compare the print quality to the HP because I've never had one, but it's tons better than the Epson I had before. I only got the Epson because my first Kodak went funny on me and they didn't have another one in stock. I love the fact that the Kodak ink is so cheap. There is an issue with their print heads, apparently, which is very annoying. But I think it's still cheaper to replace it than to buy the ink for anything else!