Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Help with a mini album

I'm hoping someone can suggest what colours to use, for a surprise mini album I'm making for my son and dil of their two daughters?

It's my second album, putting together photos of the girls from the past year. Last year's album wasn't a problem as I used girly colours on the pages.

This year I'm scrapping them as 2 & 11yr olds. The problem is pastel colours will suit the little ones' photos, but not that of her older sister who's now into wearing dark, gothicy colours...and vice versa. I can't think of a happy medium between soft pastels and the deep, rich colours.

I don't want to use white as the main colour, as it'll get handled a lot. Black I think will be too heavy.

I did think of printing off the photos in blck/wht but would that make the pages too 'flat', plus I'm still stuck at what basic colours to use.

Any ideas anyone? x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    You could have a look at American Crafts who some lovely collections that have the stronger 'candy' colours' which can be quite strong bold colours without being too dark and can look feminine without being too girly. EG using their lime greens, bold yellows and oranges would work really well with a bit of dark smokey grey or black so hopefully that would suit them both.

Let the good times roll......... CraftyPrincess's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    I was going to suggest Grey too like Krafty1 has mentioned. A silvery grey is a good neutral to mix with pastels as well as darker colours so maybe pastel pink for the little girl pages and a dark purple for the older girl pages with maybe a stronger yellow as a co-ordinating colour to both to help link the whole book together?

If you're looking for a whole paper collection I think something like Crate Paper Story Teller would work well because it's a good medium between the darker edgier colours and patterns and the brighter, lighter floral patterns and then use a navy as your base colour to tie the whole thing together.

x Leo
    Leo

View Gallery

Just finished narrowing down the photos to a managable number & surprisingly there does seem to be an overall 'grey/pale mushroom' commonality with what I have.

I'll go look at your suggestions - they sound very promising. At last, I feel I'm getting somewhere (wanted to do this months ago but couldn't get going).

Thanks both xxx

I can do cutting and sticking! PinkSparklyScrapper's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Are the photos predominately from one season? you could then go with those colours

View Gallery

All seasons & situations, indoors and out.

Yesterday replanned and took out the b/day photos to make into tiny, separate albums. So today thought I had it sussed for the 'through the year' album....grey backing shades from pastel pink to deepest purple depending on the photo...until I came across the ones of the girls in pale blue rugby kits my son had bought them. Dare not leave those pics out lol. Although they may go greyscale