All You Add Is UKScrappers.
 
 
 


Happy Home

by bramblepie

The Terracotta Terraces

by Mary Buttons

May sketch group

by sharon1973

May week 3 Challenge..Smile - You are the Best....

by Merion

Bero cuts out oven doubt

by bramblepie

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!



Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Silhouette/Craft Robo Forum > Silhouette/Craft Robo Chat

Notices

Crafty Templates banner

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Dedicated Scrapper Lucille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    12,440
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Deep Cut - What does it do

    If you access the commands on the Cameo Control Panel you will see a command called "Deep Cut" after experimenting I couldn't see what difference it actually made, so I wrote to GAS and this was their reply.

    QUOTE - It is a feature which enables a “tangential mode” of cutting. This is a method of cutting for some thicker material types where the blade lifts between corners and then resumes after lifting rather than making a continuous cut throughout the line set. It does not press down harder, double-cut, or otherwise provide more force for the cutting process. It simply is a method of how the Silhouette goes through the cutting process. It is not presently included in the software as we found in testing that this had caused too much confusion for users. Unfortunately, it could not be removed from the actual firmware of the cutting unit and so still appears in the menu options of the LCD screen when cutting from an SD card.


    Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

    Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

  2. #2
    Dedicated Scrapper Neries's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    1,194
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (2)
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    If you access the commands on the Cameo Control Panel you will see a command called "Deep Cut" after experimenting I couldn't see what difference it actually made, so I wrote to GAS and this was their reply.

    QUOTE - It is a feature which enables a “tangential mode” of cutting. This is a method of cutting for some thicker material types where the blade lifts between corners and then resumes after lifting rather than making a continuous cut throughout the line set. It does not press down harder, double-cut, or otherwise provide more force for the cutting process. It simply is a method of how the Silhouette goes through the cutting process. It is not presently included in the software as we found in testing that this had caused too much confusion for users. Unfortunately, it could not be removed from the actual firmware of the cutting unit and so still appears in the menu options of the LCD screen when cutting from an SD card.
    Thanks Lucille for finding out for us.

    I tried it and not really sure it makes much difference. It does make a lot of taping noises as the blade lifts on intricate parts.

  3. #3
    Dedicated Scrapper Lucille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    12,440
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Thanks Lucille for finding out for us.

    I tried it and not really sure it makes much difference. It does make a lot of taping noises as the blade lifts on intricate parts.
    If the blade is going up and down a lot, see if has lots of open ends and close them if that's possible, I know with some designs certain ends can't be closed, but it will reduce the amount the blade has to go up and down, which I don't think is a good thing. When I was changing the screen shots, I did add Studio versions of some files where the GSD's needed a lot of closing, but I didn't feel right about doing all the files.


    Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

    Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

  4. #4
    Dedicated Scrapper Neries's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    1,194
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (2)
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    If the blade is going up and down a lot, see if has lots of open ends and close them if that's possible, I know with some designs certain ends can't be closed, but it will reduce the amount the blade has to go up and down, which I don't think is a good thing. When I was changing the screen shots, I did add Studio versions of some files where the GSD's needed a lot of closing, but I didn't feel right about doing all the files.
    Mine was on a newly traced 'print & cut' from a CD, so no open ends. Changed the setting back to default 'off' as I don't like hearing my Cameo doing all those taps.

  5. #5
    Dedicated Scrapper dozyrosy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    8,233
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (24)
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Tangetial cutting is/was a menu option in the Robo Pro control panel. It's a long time ago now but I was advised to try it when I had problems with the blade not cutting cleanly when making very fast, sharp/tight turns. As far as I can remember the blade was lifted to aid the swivel in this situation - it stopped the blade dragging and tearing the card.

    Rosemary

    PS I had the same misgiving about repeated ups and downs, but I came to the conclusion that if it was a standard menu option on their (semi) professional cutters, it must have been OK.
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."


+ Post New Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Country View Crafts a sprinkle of imagination Foil Play Wear Crafts That's Crafty!
Paper and Clouds The Mad Scrapper Craft Obsessions Memories and Photos Just Scrapbooking
A Trip Down Memory Lane

Click HERE for additional Sponsors


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:50 AM.

Search
The Library (& FOTW)
Blog Bits Archive
Facebook Page

Challenge & Class Links

Weekly: Team Challenge
House Challenge
Card Challenge
SNAP Photo Challenge
Simple Recipes
Project Life (& Printables)
Scrap Like You Mean It Reboot

Charmed Cards & Crafts sky

Latest Group Posts
Declutter Your Home
Let's continue decluttering 2016
by Cris
Yesterday 09:03 PM Go to last post
Come up and see my sketchings ...
May 2016 Sketch
by alison 2
Yesterday 12:08 PM Go to last post
The ALLSORTS !
Allsorts chat - !
by KarenJD
22-05-2016 03:34 PM Go to last post
Golborne Scrappers
Crops
by cris h
19-05-2016 08:22 AM Go to last post
The Chatty Scrappers
April 2016 points
by ScrapHappyNiki
03-05-2016 01:42 PM Go to last post
CRICUT Common Room
Help required
by Harrys_Gal
10-04-2016 07:46 AM Go to last post
View All Groups



Hey Little Magpie