Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Announcements & Help > Announcements

Notices

SMAX

Home Page Changes

I have had to remove the scrolling threads on the home page. Due to the number of threads and posts on UKS now it was slowing the loading of the home page down too much.

We will be doing some upgrades to the software over the coming weeks in preparation to move to a new server.

I'm not a complete idiot; some parts are missing! Jimjams's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    I stopped looking at the home page for the scrolling threads after you introduced the Forum Spy feature! Much better
    Good luck with the server move!
    Jemma
    ScrappyCat

Holiday Bus Hufflepuff ♥Hearts♥ •CSI• »Lions« ~~Ships~~ ♫ Jingle Belles ♫ ►Explorers◄
    SLYMI: 47/52....My blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    No idea what the scrolling threads is but sad that the direct link from the home page to New Posts and pms has disappeared.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by yizzard View Post
    No idea what the scrolling threads is but sad that the direct link from the home page to New Posts and pms has disappeared.
    It's still there for me ... on the left hand side above the Main Menu/FOTW/Advert bar on the LHS
    Jemma
    ScrappyCat

Holiday Bus Hufflepuff ♥Hearts♥ •CSI• »Lions« ~~Ships~~ ♫ Jingle Belles ♫ ►Explorers◄

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    Thanks Jemma, just found it. Its going to take a while to find my way round again

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (42)
    Thanks for the heads up, but is there a quick link somewhere so we can search for new threads please?
    Using 'new posts' obviously brings up existing conversations etc. but not exclusively new threads- e.g. Tells me all the updated Marketplace posts without letting me know what items have been newly listed?
    Thanks, Leanne x

PS. I thought I could use advanced search but that won't let me without picking a term
    Last edited by leanie; 11-04-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Personal blog *
    Craftaholics TL & Blue Brad DTL * CJs: MojoII&III * SWAPS: Nada!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (42)
    Hi, sorry to mither but just wanted to btt- I really want to find out how to do this as it is important to me in terms of collecting customers

Personal blog *
    Craftaholics TL & Blue Brad DTL * CJs: MojoII&III * SWAPS: Nada!

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Smax will confirm but so far as I know there is nothing in vB to do what you ask. One thing that might help - you mentioned in your PM that Shop till you Drop and The Marketplace are the forums you are most interested in. Smax posted a method to block certain forums from the New Post search - I'm not sure where it is now but I can try to find it (or more likely another member will already know and pipe up) - so you could block New Posts in everything but those forums. It will cut the list down hugely. The Marketplace does not allow replies to posts except too update with lowered prices or notice of sales, so that is going to be MOSTLY new threads, and STYD is limited in number too, so after a few days you will recognize those that you have already seen. It's not an elegant solution to be sure, but it will be better than what you see now.

As Smax is looking at a new server and at upgrading the CMS for the Homepage and the vB software itself, it may be the new version of either include something that will help.

View Gallery

I'm not 100% sure what Leanie is asking for but you can limit which forums are shown in New Posts (and Forum Spy) by using the bottom option in the Quick Links drop-down on the red tool bar. HTH
    Jemma
    ScrappyCat