Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I have found that the shopping channels spend so much time telling me about "limited stock" etc., etc., that they seldom actually show you anything of any use. I have learned far more from these forums and You Tube than from any of the so-called experts. Patmoa

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by mitch6824 View Post
    I agree with Fuschia
    Me too Mitch! or any other of the talented people who are members on here

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    I had it on in the background, then thanks to the Sky box took it back to the beginning to fast forward only stopping on what I thought was interesting and had missed, not a lot!!!!! The program was advertised as Cards with Silhouette CAMEO!!!!!!

Tina's samples from her new CD looked really lovely but the rest was just waffle (sorry sales spiel). I normally like Dean, but this afternoon he was worse than Nigel. One small demo which went wrong, the Cameo owner phoning in last time was repeated. Hayley did mention checking your blade depth against he card and went through a list of materials with little samples it will cut, including Centura Pearl, which will not cut properly on my Cameo.

I think the programs gets worse not better.
    Hi I am fairly new to the forum and don't post very often but after reading your post I wanted to say that my friends and I use Centura Pearl on our Cameos most of the time and it cuts perfectly I am wondering if your settings need adjusting as it is a lovely card to be able to use! It might be worth doing some test cuts with different settings as it should cut it with ease!

Heather xx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather M View Post
    Hi I am fairly new to the forum and don't post very often but after reading your post I wanted to say that my friends and I use Centura Pearl on our Cameos most of the time and it cuts perfectly I am wondering if your settings need adjusting as it is a lovely card to be able to use! It might be worth doing some test cuts with different settings as it should cut it with ease!

Heather xx
    Heather I tried (it's all in another post). Went through all different settings but stopped when it started cutting into my cutting mat. It was an intricate flowery pattern. Test cuts were done on alphabet letters, but even when I had a clean cut with them the main pattern was not a clean cut and I had ruined two sheets of Centura Pearl trying.

My replacement Cameo blade is pants and my trusty Robo blade could not do it either, so I put it down to the card which seems a bit fibrous. When I do an embossed score line for the fold using a board it often skates off line out of the groove.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Heather I tried (it's all in another post). Went through all different settings but stopped when it started cutting into my cutting mat. It was an intricate flowery pattern. Test cuts were done on alphabet letters, but even when I had a clean cut with them the main pattern was not a clean cut and I had ruined two sheets of Centura Pearl trying.

My replacement Cameo blade is pants and my trusty Robo blade could not do it either, so I put it down to the card which seems a bit fibrous. When I do an embossed score line for the fold using a board it often skates off line out of the groove.
    Oh! Sorry Neries! I missed your other post I am sorry though that you had problems it is so frustrating isn't it? Mmm! I am afraid on this occasion I cannot help! Sorry!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)

Sometimes a design itself can be the reason for poor cuts: some can be badly made or badly traced, and have various problems that don't show up until you zoom in to take a closer look. So it might be worth checking it over to see if you can spot anything which might be the cause and then you could hopefully fix it?

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

Neries - as Rosemary said perhaps the problem is with the file, if it's from here can you post a link to the file and I'll take a look at it.

I would also say if you get a bad cut, don't use your good card again until you have tried it with cheap paper and maybe even a pen, in case it is the file.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I know most of us were disapointed with the way the previous shows went and theres none more disapointed then Hayley herself. I do respect Hayley for keep going.

As, the majority of us, would love to see an interesting productive show lets give Hayley abit of support. Ive posted my thoughts on her blog and she has been gracious to answer and take on board what i wrote.
    I am not a very experienced Cameo user but those of youi out there may have some extra tips or tricks you may want to pass on

Heres her blog details

http://hayley-west.blogspot.co.uk/

Sue
    Last edited by craftydiecutter; 23-04-2012 at 11:27 AM. Reason: URL

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by craftydiecutter View Post
    I know most of us were disapointed with the way the previous shows went and theres none more disapointed then Hayley herself. I do respect Hayley for keep going.

As, the majority of us, would love to see an interesting productive show lets give Hayley abit of support. Ive posted my thoughts on her blog and she has been gracious to answer and take on board what i wrote.
    I am not a very experienced Cameo user but those of youi out there may have some extra tips or tricks you may want to pass on

Heres her blog details

http://hayley-west.blogspot.co.uk/20...43298291311261

Sue
    I don't know why but that link isn't working for me

View Gallery

I've got a tip for Hayley, practice, practice, practice and prepare, like other demonstrators do.

PS. Your link isn't working properly unless it was meant to go to the page it does

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    I don't know why but that link isn't working for me
    Sorry try this one

http://hayley-west.blogspot.co.uk/

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by craftydiecutter View Post
    Yes that one works, thank you

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by dozyrosy View Post
    Sometimes a design itself can be the reason for poor cuts: some can be badly made or badly traced, and have various problems that don't show up until you zoom in to take a closer look. So it might be worth checking it over to see if you can spot anything which might be the cause and then you could hopefully fix it?

Rosemary
    Thanks Rosmary but I did zoom in and tried to tidy up the pattern by moving, smoothing and deleting nodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Neries - as Rosemary said perhaps the problem is with the file, if it's from here can you post a link to the file and I'll take a look at it.

I would also say if you get a bad cut, don't use your good card again until you have tried it with cheap paper and maybe even a pen, in case it is the file.
    Thanks Lucille, but at the moment I can't find it. It is the rose pattern in an arched window with Deepest Sympathy wording as line art.

I did get it to cut with different perlised card from the Craft Superstore. I had made the card last year using perlised card from the high street chain in my Robo on a double cut with no problems.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanks Lucille, but at the moment I can't find it. It is the rose pattern in an arched window with Deepest Sympathy wording as line art.

I think that is one of my files - sorry if you have had problems cutting it Neries - I have cut it in studio fairly recently in 250 gsm colortech card. (I wasn't using the ratchet blade though!)
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

If you are helping to sell a product, surely you should be proficient at using the machine. I know if I was asked to demonstrate something I would make sure I had, as Lucille said, practiced till I was blue in the face to make sure I got things right.The first time the show was aired should have been reason enough for her to have gopt her act together, but oh no.still enough said..........

P.S.Am I right in assuming that people actually get paid to demostrate products!

Chris