Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: Cutting font

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

ha ha Cutting font

Hi everyone
    I have been asked to make silver wedding anniversary invitations for a friend. Can anyone give me an idea of a font that will cut easily and leave the a and o with the centres or do I have to divide them so that the centre will stay in place. I was hoping to us a scrolly type or writing type of font. Thank you for your help
    Jenny B

View Gallery

Only stencil fonts will cut and leave the centres of 'O' in place, unless you cut it as a separate title and stick it to the front, those layered titles with floral elements that are popular at the moment look nice, but a lot of work I would think.

Inkscape has some lovely Hershey fonts that would look nice done with a pen, here is a photo of just a few
    Attached Images Attached Images

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank you for your advice. I have not used the silhouette with pens but I am going to the craft fayre at NEC and I was going to look for the pens there. Everything is so new to me and there is so much you can do with the machine. I do not like stickers - they look homemade. I wanted to do something that looks professional I want to try the pens I think that may be the answer. I have used Aladdin font and that cut really nicely.

There is so much advice on this forum that I have spent ages looking at the posts past and present - so helpful. Wished I had seen it when I first started.

Jenny B

View Gallery

I used a silver pen on photo paper and the silver really stood out, shame the photo didn't show it. I have tried saving the Hershey text from Inkscape as DXF and open it in Studio it works really well, the font that is one line I believe it's the one at the top, did look a bit angular, I just selected all the nodes and made them smooth and it worked a treat.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"