Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderchild View Post
    Well I did wonder about the blade holder position I have the 330-20, when I changed the blade I had the 'fin' at the front is this correct? I have put in a new blade but just can't seem to get it to cut right. Bit dissapointed really. Hubby made some cheesecake so I'll just go and console myself a bit! Lol.

Does anyone know where the fin is meant to go on this one??????
    I think the fin does play a part in one of the machine, if you look at the housing the blade slots into you will be able to see if there is small slot that would accommodate it. I've never really paid that much attention, I just slot mine and go and not had any problems so I'm either doing it right be default or the fin doesn't matter on mine.

Have you tried looking at the blade tip with a magnifying glass, that would show if the blade was chipped, if it's just blunt only getting a new one will sort than problem.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

It's had a brand new blade and yep sounds like the fin is in the correct place too. Sigh.......

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

Make sure the card you are using is smooth card as Robo doesn't like fiborous card. Also, go through the pressure settings, from about 15 upwards to see if the pressure helps or hinders the cuts. I never change my speed, I always keep it on 10 - the hightest.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Yep, used smooth card even photo paper and done double cut but it still won't do a clean cut. I don't have thick card so I don't think it's too thick. Even done double cut but it still ruins some of the edges as it cuts.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuschia View Post
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

Have you checked that you have the blade inside the holder in the machine correctly? Sorry, I don't mean to sound condiscending but its happened to me a few times, lol. I have the robo 200-20 (grey lidded one) and the blades have a 'fin' on them, with mine the fin goes into the holder at quarter past 3 position but I believe with the lite (pink lidded I think) the fin goes at the half past position, so facing you.
    I don't think it matters where the fin goes on this model as there isn't a slot for it to go in, at least I never bothered which way it faced when i had the 330 machine

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

No there is no slot for the fin to go. I'll have another go this afternoon.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi. I am new to silhouette and after a little while my blade started to snag the paper especially thinner paper. When I first bought the silhouette I tried cutting all sorts of paper and I think this affected the blade. I wished that I had found this site at that time as I think I damaged the blade by not knowing what I was doing. I purchased a new blade and since then I have been very selective about the settings I use and I have had great success. I have found it is a trial situation as has been said previously and with my new blade it is a great machine.
    Graphtec were very good and I had a blade within a few days.
    Dont give up.
    Jenny B

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    I don't think it matters where the fin goes on this model as there isn't a slot for it to go in, at least I never bothered which way it faced when i had the 330 machine
    Thanks for clarifying that Doreen. As I don't have the 330 I wasn't too sure, I just thought I'd read something on here about it when the machine came out.

View Gallery

Thunderchild - hope you've had more success this afternoon.

Jenny B - that's great news that you are now getting more enjoyment out of your machine and I have to agree, Graphtec's customer service is excellent.

View Gallery

Thanks for clarifying that Doreen. As I don't have the 330 I wasn't too sure, I just thought I'd read something on here about it when the machine came out.
    Sorry I didn't mean to contradict you Anne I just found it didn't make any difference which way it was facing, maybe other members have found different.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    Sorry I didn't mean to contradict you Anne I just found it didn't make any difference which way it was facing, maybe other members have found different.
    No, I know you didn't Doreen. Im glad that you clarified the point because I wasn't sure really, please don't think I took offence.

View Gallery

No, I know you didn't Doreen. Im glad that you clarified the point because I wasn't sure really, please don't think I took offence.
    I know you wouldn't do that Anne

View Gallery

Thanks Doreen.