Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)

Why can't I insert an image

I been trying all morning to insert an image that I saved as jpeg into studio software and its having none of it, what's up with it. I can do it in robo master
    P

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    You don't "insert" in Studio. You can either do File/open and choose jpg from the dropdown menu or drag and drop your file into Studio

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Hello

I am not expert on Studio. But what I do is (within Studio) go to File: Open: Change the file type at the bottom of the box to "All file types": Browse to the file I want to use in Studio and double click on the file and it will appear on a new page in Studio.

But, this does not seem to allow you open more than one file per page.

Maybe someone more experienced can help us with a better method to do this, but hope this helps you meanwhile.

Fran

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Sorry Doreen

You replied whilst I was checking exactly what I actually do. Did not mean to repeat your reply.
    Fran

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by franbar View Post
    Sorry Doreen

You replied whilst I was checking exactly what I actually do. Did not mean to repeat your reply.
    Fran
    No problem Fran, as they say two heads are better than one. If you drag an drop you can open more than one file if you need to

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Ah thankyou ladies I was thinking it was the same as robo. silly me lol.
    P

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Still cant do it. I want to trace two images and I want to be able to merge them both. its a teddy with an umbrella that I want him to be holding but I can't seem to do it the way I want it. I have done it in the past but I am in a bit of pain today but I really need to do it its a card that is promised for tomorrow morn ..

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by papya View Post
    Still cant do it. I want to trace two images and I want to be able to merge them both. its a teddy with an umbrella that I want him to be holding but I can't seem to do it the way I want it. I have done it in the past but I am in a bit of pain today but I really need to do it its a card that is promised for tomorrow morn ..
    What can't you do, open the jpegs in Studio or merge the 2 images in the way you want to.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Ah thanx prob need an editing prog, don't have one I only have Scrapbook plus.
    P xx

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

Hi Papya. Not sure if this is relevant for Studio but not all Jpegs are the same. If you right click on your image, then hover over 'Open with', more options should come up to the right, click on 'Choose default program' and then click on Paint. Your picture should open up in paint, then just resave, so file, save as, save.

You should then be able to open up your picture in Studio.
    Hope that helps.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Papya, if I wanted to put 2 files on the one page to make them as 1, this is what I would do.
    open your teddy jpeg with ss and save, open your umbrella jpeg with ss and then go to file and click on merge and click on your teddy ss file, and then you will have the teddy and the umbrella on the same page.
    I hope I have told it right, and I hope that helps you.
    Grace I'm getting there, 1 step at a time

View Gallery

Hi papya,

I just opened two separate files in Studio, Copied the image in one file, opened up the other file and then Pasted onto the second file. It worked!

Myra

View Gallery

I click on file, open, change the file name to jpg from the drop down list, look for pictures, which is where my p.c. puts all images. I then find the file I want, click and drag into the work space of studio. The drop down box still stays open so I drag another file onto the work space. When I have finished just click cancel.

This way I have found the image files are all in the untitled one which opened with Studio. Studio does not open a new file.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Yes it goes on one page but I want the teddy holding the umbrella and as the umbrella is separate I can't seem to do it. But thanks for all your help I did it before but can't remember how to do it again. I am sure I will work it out again once my brain kicks in.

P x

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by papya View Post
    Yes it goes on one page but I want the teddy holding the umbrella and as the umbrella is separate I can't seem to do it. But thanks for all your help I did it before but can't remember how to do it again. I am sure I will work it out again once my brain kicks in.

P x
    Why don't you work through the Autotrace tutorial, perhaps how you did it last time will come back to you. I might have misunderstood, but first of all both the images need to be traced to create an outline using Trace and Detach, then you can overlap them how you want them, in the cut settings window you need to select Cut Edge.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"