Friday 5 - 21st June

by sharon1973

Stash Curator

by Mary Buttons

Hollywood beach

by scrapdolly

Friday 5

by RED HEAD

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Other Scrapping > Altered Art > Art Journals

Notices

ATDML banner

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (42)
    Will go through my list and PM you if that's ok? x

Personal blog *
    Craftaholics TL & Blue Brad DTL * CJs: MojoII&III * SWAPS: Nada!

Unable to read a book without altering it.. Miss Lemon's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Yes please. I haven't done any Art Journaling or painting for ages, so when I feel like getting back to it I'll be needing a big kick of inspiration!
    Claudia

I have 2 blogs now: one for Arty Stuff... and one just for Cards

Obsessive maker of arty stuff Zullybelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)
    I have a favour to ask - seeing as we are all part of the art journalling community, and if it doesn't seem too needy on my part ...

Being disabled the world has to come to me a lot of the time - so I've worked really HARD on my blog. I update it regularly, and I have an archive of past work etc. The comments mean a LOT to me, its the only feedback I get from the world out there, but they've been tailing off to literally one or two. Its not possible for me to go and leave comments for everyone who leaves one for me, and indeed I think that's a game nobody should play ... but I do have a number I visit and comment on regularly. Its the best I can do really.

So am I doing something wrong - I'm not doing this for lots of comments but to put my work out there and share it for better or worse. Should I just be looking at my visitor count and cherishing the fact that 200+ people follow the blog. Am I being silly? Its just feeling a bit lonely at the moment, so the answer to that last question is probably yes

You're perfect, yes it's true ... but without me, you're only you. scrap3d's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (98)
    Sorry, I know I haven't been here for ages (I found I'm not very good with being free and messy, I'm much too orderly ) but I wanted to comment. Your blog is gorgeous Rosie and I've just started following but I personally loathe the new and improved word verification. I can't make them out half the time, eyesight not being what it used to be the blurry photos of numbers are a particular mare. I must admit with blogs if I see that I am inclined not to go through the several attempts it takes me to get it right unless I feel really compelled to leave a comment.
    Swaps - Mini Junk Journal - Mixed Media
    Craft Blog - Collaborative Craft Blog

One day I'll be living the dream...
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Rosie, I would say you are definitely NOT doing anything wrong. I'd be thrilled to have as many public followers as you have and if you are still getting the visitors then that to me is evidence enough that you're not doing anything wrong. Many people have commented on here how much inspiration they get from you and love how you post the progress of each page. The topics of your journal pages also give us food for thought.

I know I am appalling for leaving comments, even though I get a little thrill of excitement when I get comments on mine, but I just don't have the time to comment on every blog I read. Some blogs I visit for a visual feast, others to take the time to read (although they are getting less so as time becomes more and more precious).

I certainly don't think you're being silly. I would feel the same, but as my blog takes more of a back seat these days and I don't post as often as I would like, I can't expect to see many comments or new followers. I also often don't feel like I have much of interest to share, not unless you want to see me unpacking boxes of stash, and I am trying hard not to make my blog all about the shop, but the shop is a big part of day to day life for me now (we're nearly 1 can you believe!). I would imagine it would be quite boring to share with folks.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (54)
    I'm with Rebecca, the new word verification is a pain in the butt, I wouldn't be surprised if some of your drop in comments is down to that

Blogger's spam filters are excellent nowadays, you could try dropping the word verification for a while, and see if that helps?

I for one am a regular reader of your blog - but I read via Google Reader so I don't think I'd show up as one of your 200 followers, despite the fact I do indeed "follow"

I know I have commented on your blog in the past, but certainly not on every post I read. I do follow a lot of blogs (500+) so I tend only to click through from Google Reader to leave a comment if I have something specific to add to the discussion.... but here's a definite vote from me as to it being a generally interesting and enjoyable read, lots of eye candy and you often give good pause for thought
    Blog (warning, here be spoilers!) / Art Journals / Be-Stitched CJ

Unable to read a book without altering it.. Miss Lemon's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zullybelle View Post
    I have a favour to ask - seeing as we are all part of the art journalling community, and if it doesn't seem too needy on my part ...snipped for space...
    Hi Rosie. I was looking at your Stampin blog just the other day and trying to work out how to Follow it without having to use the new App but I can't do it. I don't want to use the new App because it interacts with Twitter or Yahoo and I have different identities on there (it would show my non-art identity as a follower and I like to keep them separate).

I know that's not your main point here, but thought I'd mention it. If I could have, I would have followed and commented. I have now found a way to follow Arty Stuff, but it doesnt' work for Stampin)

On a more general level though, I think things seem to be getting very quiet all round - it's not just your blog. The whole UKS forum, for example, is really dead - the post rate is very slow in General Scrapping, which is usually the busiest.

In comparison with most, your blog is exceptionally popular - 200 followers is amazing, and it sounds like the visitor count isn't the problem. If I were you I'd be chuffed, but I know it's all relative: if you are used to getting more comments it must seem like something is wrong.

I wonder if there is just a natural drop-off rate? Your style is quite similar on many pages, so I guess if people have commented on a colour scheme / style of lettering etc before, then they are less likely to comment on the same again? I'm not sure.

Whatever it is, I hate the thought of you taking it to heart but I completely understand (I'm also home most of the time and don't have many 'real' people around me, so online interaction is actually a big part of my very limited social life).

Sorry - I've rambled on a bit there when all I really wanted to say is 'don't worry!'
    Claudia

I have 2 blogs now: one for Arty Stuff... and one just for Cards

View Gallery

Well THANK YOU peoples! I feel very pathetic and needy but I was worried ... and although I really don't blog for the comments, they're very nice to get! You're right, I should let the number of followers and the visitor count speak for itself. I SO much want to make a difference - to put my art and my heart out there so to speak, hoping that it touches somebody. I suppose this is about feeling that I can still count for something, and contribute, even in my small way. I'm going to keep an eye on the visitor counter in future and then I'll KNOW that I'm really not talking to myself, and I'll give it a try taking the word verification off too.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    Rosie, I think I have 8 followers - I'd be absolutely amazed and thrilled to have 200 followers. However I am yet another peson who reads but doesn't comment - I only follow a very few blogs as I'd rather be playing in my journal not reading blogs
    Gill

Twisted sisters aj, Chinese whisper fabric swap, playing card stencil swap
    http://jillydoodling.blogspot.com/

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    I don't 'do' art journalling, but your blog is in my favourites Rosie, because I just love what you do. I was actually looking at your blog today to show a friend, as I had suggested she try art journalling herself. (We sat together playing with watercolour pencils, stamps and acrylics and both really enjoyed ourselves, you may have converted two people to Art Journalling today!)
    Jane

My Blog

Swaps: Stamp Head ATCs

Make EVERY day your new blank canvas cantstopstampin's Avatar
    No longer in my little village, still in Staffs, but I AM happy !
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    she is kinda brilliant at it don't ya think - I love her work tooooooooooo
    ATC's - ATC's - ATC's - ATC's - ATC's

Have you EVER thought about making and swapping ATC's - come along and join us on the ATC trail : http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...d.php?t=313678 My Blog:::: here

View Gallery

This thread has been automatically closed.

You will find the new thread created by clicking HERE.

+ Post New Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617