Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arghh it's snowing again....

maybe it's an omen to stay in and play.

Determined to reduce the stash and photo pile arimum_123's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Send it our way - my kids are DESPERATE to get the sledge out this winter. We had a few 'micro grains' the other day that melted before they hit the ground (even though it was freezing!).
    Mind you DS 2 wants to go to a skatepark today - better dig out those thermals and a huge flask.

Hope you have a safe journey to the shops and back

Louise x

Thank you Louise....enjoy your day at the skate park.

Isn't it funny how children love it and adults are not so keen....though I know a few adults that love it too. It is really fine stuff at the moment but we are not supposed to have it till this afternoon. My DD and her family are having a lie in and she's my chauffeur so not a lot I can do about it lol. We tend to get snow often here but my nieces who live in Devon now would love to have snow. On the forecast it said that the East is going to get it quite bad too tonight or tomorrow.

Jan

Desperately seeking scraptime.... CoventryAnn's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    We've had none at all yet this winter, but some is forecast later I love it but think I'm a kid at heart.
    http://coventryann.blogspot.com/
    mAR Points -SLO 7x10 = 70 DLO x10= WklyChall wk1= wk2= wk3=25 wk 4= ;House chall= SimpRec = Cards 5x10= 50 SLYMIR 4 x30=120 Total = 265 SLYMI Reboot total 5/7

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    I want snow!!! Instead we have rain and wind!!
    MY SCRAPPY BLOG MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG
    THE SCRAPBOOK MAGAZINE DT

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    We have had a few flurries here in my part of Kent, but thankfully not enough to lay.
    I am up for it snowing one day and going the next though:0)
    Skies do look very white:0(
    Sandy

< >
    \0/
    /_\

Well we went shopping and I got dropped off safely but my DD, DGD and DGS failed to get up the hill to their house and landed up carrying all their shopping up a very steep slippery hill.....and it's still snowing albeit very fine stuff.

Jan

View Gallery

It's arrived here! We almost have enough to cover the ground. LOL! It is still snowing but now it's getting dark - I now have 3 children (possibly 4 if I include DH) who are hoping they can go sledging tomorrow.

Is it really naughty of me to wish for quite a bit more so that we have a snow day on Monday?(particularly as it will be half term in a week).

Glad you got back safely

Louise x

Glad you got some snow Louise and no it's not too naughty to wish for more lol. When snow is forecast my family always want tons and not just enough to be a nuisance and still be expected to get to work.

I'm retired so don't have to go out in but I worry myself silly about the family driving in it especially as Wales is all hills and mountains and I've seen many a car sliding down sideways.

Jan

Do or do not, there is no try! tobysmum's Avatar
    View Gallery

It started snowing here at 3.40pm and it still is, oh the photos I shall take lol xxx
    Sarah xxx

View Gallery

Despite it being dark outside - except for the street lights - as predicted all 4 kids (one of them supposedly an adult of 44!) are out sledging up and down the street. This requires taking it in turns to pull eachother along. The snow is only an inch or so deep at the moment but it is still coming down and is enough to keep them happy. I managed about 15 minutes out there earlier but am firmly indoors now despite the photo opportunities I am missing. Mind you in the dark, with snow and street lighting I never get a good photo anyway - everything is either yellow or navy looking (even with a decent camera).

Stay warm everyone,

Louise x

View Gallery

We've got loads of it here in County Durham - so much so that I have had to miss an Alfie Boe concert tonight because the roads are so bad not very happy. Its probably about 4 - 5 inches deep in the garden now

my 3 beautiful children lizzylou's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Its been snowing here in mansfiel notts since about 4.00 but theirs not a lot yet I hope it stays for the morning I love taking snow photo's and like you say they are never very good even with the best camera at night
    DS age 4 had a quad for christmas and somebody told DH that its great to pull the sledge so fingers crossed for tomorrow but its way too cold and blustery tonight and im such a wimp in the wind lol

NEWBIE CJ ''WHATEVER''

Desperately seeking scraptime.... CoventryAnn's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Lots of snow here now, and still snowing, DS has just been out in the back garden in it (at 10pm!) Hope it stays for tomorrow so I can get a few pictures.
    http://coventryann.blogspot.com/
    mAR Points -SLO 7x10 = 70 DLO x10= WklyChall wk1= wk2= wk3=25 wk 4= ;House chall= SimpRec = Cards 5x10= 50 SLYMIR 4 x30=120 Total = 265 SLYMI Reboot total 5/7

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Snowing in Essex now!!!!!!!!!!! Hope it doesn't stay!! That is the problem when it comes down during the night....nothing to keep it moving!!!