Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ohhhh i seee :) thanks
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (33)
    When I first started scrapping I loved K&Co 12 x 12 paper pads and I got 3 different ones and apart from the odd one they are still there. I've given quite a few pages away. I didn't really have a preferred scrapbook style at the time I just liked pretty papers (still do - but now pretty papers I will use) and now I just can't picture a scrapbook LO on any of them. In fact I've never made a scrapbook page on any of them. Think its time to give them away!!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (64)
    I often use up papers like that as a backing for others which are too thin, or as a contrasting border. You can always ink or paint them, if you really don't like them, but sometimes they just add a bit of interest behind a sheet of Bazzill, just trimmed by half an inch on two sides so only a little bit shows.

And you feel extra virtuous when you've used up something.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    My regret is the money wasted on stuff I haven't used. I have paper packs where I like certain sheets but others in there are awful. Then I have the beautiful papers that despite good intentions I find hard to cut into. I know this makes no sense and lately I have tried to use them up but I also find now that I print off a lot of designs which I tend to use time and again.

Apart from that I have all sorts of things that I've seen used elsewhere but don't seem to work for me.

Yes, I've bought paper pads that have been very flat looking when they've arrived, certainly not the vibrant colours I thought they were. Mostly Christmas stuff.

As for kits, I never buy them now. My first was a Dawn Bibby one and it is still sitting there - probably one of the first things I bought off QVC.

AND, do you know who I blame for most of this - UKS. I didn't buy half the stuff until I found this wonderful site and saw the fantastic things you were all making and then I'd think "Oh I have to have that and give it a go". So you see, I'm not to blame at all really you all are.

Dear God, please don't ever let my hubby see this thread.

Dedicated Scrapper hannahvictoria's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by paper&ribbons View Post
    Some of the papers are nice Nat, I might keep those and sell the diecuts!
    I agree with this. Or could you try altering the die cuts in some way? Or using them on LOs and layering other embellishments over them so they are a bit more in the background?

I've bought endless paper stacks and only ended up liking a couple of sheets. Or sheets of clear stamps and only used one of them. I think everyone on here has experienced that at least once!
    Hannah Victoria

Love crafts? Love vintage? Love my blog! http://papercadillac.blogspot.com/

Born to Shop ~ Live to Scrap pinkladymel's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Whenever I get a packet or sheet of odd diecuts, I know they'll go in the cupboard forever, so instead, I keep them out in my tote for making cards.. and challenge myself to think of fun 'puns' as greetings... or silly little ideas.

ie, the 'Peekaboo' die cut would look great on the inside of the envelope, or tucked inside a pocket.. perhaps even on a baby card.

Failing that.. check out the Pink Paislee DT gallery or blog
    ♥♥ Come Visit My World♥♥