Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

What do you prefer?

Do you use more often on 6X6 paper pad or the 12*12 sheet?

I am quite greedy when it comes to paper - I prefer the 6*6 pads as it will give you the whole collection but ocassionally if i like certain paper too much - i will get a 12*12 sheet just to keep.

What would you prefers?

Stampin, scrappin, craftin addict! Alipeeps's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I am hooked on paper and I have to have the full 12x12 size to have them in all their glory. I like having full collections though rather than buying a sheet at a time so I tend to buy from places that will sell the full 12x12 collection, especially Basic Grey collections.
    The Crop Circle team - Green Buttons House
    Art Journal CJ
    My Craft Blog: Alipeeps' Art

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    I prefer buying 12 x 12 as I scrap in that size but I cut most of my paper up. I rarely use a whole 12 x 12 paper but I still need them. If I decide to punch out a border for instance, I would need the length.
    I also like to use 7 x 5 photos quite often so 6 x 6 pads are no good for matting/layering. I do buy 6 x 6 pads though, especially something like Websters papers to get the images that are on the papers to cut up and use as embelishment or to make flowers etc. saves me cutting into my 12 x 12's.
    Gwyneth

Blog

View Gallery

I prefer 12 x 12 paper to scrap with, most of my layouts are this size other than mini books and mini albums made for presents. I always buy the full collection for choice and often buy 2/3 of one sheet if I really like it.

I do like 6" paper pads for making cards although so many 12" papers have smaller patterns which are perfect for cards.

From a professional point of view, I will always buy in full collections for my shop, I found it so fustrating not being able to buy at least a sheet of each paper in a collection!

What have we here Watson? misteejay's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    As I make a lot of mini albums 6x6 is great because sometimes the scale of a design on 12x12 just doesn't work for these smaller projects.

http://misteejay.blogspot.com/
    when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

Determined to reduce the stash and photo pile arimum_123's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Definitely a 12x12 girl. But then I don't scrap in any other size! I buy sheets individually as I often only like some of the papers in a collection, but like others buy 2 or 3 as they tend to be double sided. I also like to do lots of DLO's too.

Louise x

Just call me DC8!! daisychain888's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I scrap in a variety of sizes, mainly 12x12 but I tend to buy 6x6 pads nowadays simply because they'll double up for cards which usually need the smaller design; I like white space on my LOs so 6x6 works for me . Having said that if I love a particular range I'll perhaps buy the 6x6 pad and a few sheets of 12x12 too as I can select a fave pattern then

'people may forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel'

x Jayne x

Dedicated Scrapper Voodoo Vixen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I mostly do mini books so the smaller size and pattern of 6 x 6 or 8 x 8 suits me though I often buy the same in a 12 x 12 sheet for the covers as I need them to be a bit larger.
    Annette There are no mistakes in crafting... just opportunities for more embellishments!

Scrap Happens Here Blog

"I am what I am" Gloria Gaynor cruzysuzie's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I scrap in 12x12 and only buy sheets I know I will use or very occasionally because I love it, I don't think I've ever bought a full collection! I have a couple of 6x6 pads but don't use them much.
    Suze
    August Points
    SLO = 50 DLO = 0 CHWk1 = 0 CHWk2 = 0 CHWk3 = 0 CHWk4 = 0 ChWk5 = 0 HC = 0 Total = 50

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

12x12 mostly - another Basic Gray fan! I like a collectionj because I have no patience to sort through things I do have some 6x6 (mostly free with magazines) and I use them for cards ot mats/embellishments. I've been doing a lot of collages on Picasa so i can get smaller pics and so they're good for that