Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Storage questions - new furniture needed!

Ok, so my antique which DH assured me would be much tougher than anything from IKEA is now buckling under the weight There's also a lot of wasted space.

I've been looking at Storage 4 Crafts - not the foldaways (because the dining table gets in the way) but the units with drawers and boxes. I reckon I cen get everyhting in there - including all the stuff currently in 4 totes and loose on surfaces - and it will look neater. The albums will have to stand on the top, but I suppose nothing's perfect! Not cheap but I think it will look tidier ( a big plus for DH)

has anyone used this company? how did you get on with the products and what did you choose? what would you have chosen different?

I did look at the IKEA unit which is all boxes (you know the one I mean, you can put boxes in it, doors on etc.) but its too wide for the space available

Janina Beckett
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (82)
    If it's any help they are going to be at the Hobbycraft event at Bluewater from tomorrow 2nd until the weekend, so you could always pop in and have a look at the units they have.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

oooh! Might have to see if DH fancies a little trip Its not far from us. If you've got to pay to get in though he won't want to go

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (42)
    If you're thinking fo the ikea Expedit units, they come in various widths, an the 2x4 is thinner than some of S4Crafts' cupborads.
    I've ordered smaller storage from them before (Boxes, 12x12 magazine files) they always came in good time, no hassle, never damaged, no issues at all x

Personal blog *
    Craftaholics TL & Blue Brad DTL * CJs: MojoII&III * SWAPS: Nada!

Janina Beckett
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (82)
    Yes you have to pay to get into the Hobbycraft fair at Bluewater, you could always send DH into the shopping centre, while you looked round Hobbycraft fair...............at least his trip would be free.LOL

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Expedit! That's it! the problem is the narrow are too small, the big one is too large (I have 4 totes as well as furnitire and all sorts of stuff so i really want to maximise my space - approx 130cm wide up to maybe 170-180cm high)

I am working tomorrow, Dh friday andw ehave stuff planned Saturday now, but my mum is going to b/w tomorrow under instructions to try to get a peek! (Or at least some free goodie bags)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Quote Originally Posted by MazdaUK View Post
    Ok, so my antique which DH assured me would be much tougher than anything from IKEA is now buckling under the weight There's also a lot of wasted space.

I've been looking at Storage 4 Crafts - not the foldaways (because the dining table gets in the way) but the units with drawers and boxes. I reckon I cen get everyhting in there - including all the stuff currently in 4 totes and loose on surfaces - and it will look neater. The albums will have to stand on the top, but I suppose nothing's perfect! Not cheap but I think it will look tidier ( a big plus for DH)

has anyone used this company? how did you get on with the products and what did you choose? what would you have chosen different?
    I've used them on several occasions and have been happy with my purchases - initially I bought one of the small 12x12 size maple units with trays, but more recently I've bought units that take the A4/A3 size RUBs as I'm a cardmaker/paper crafter not a scrapper and these suit me better; they've expanded their range a lot since I got that first one. If you can wait till the summer they usually have a 20% off (or similar) sale.

I only wish they had been in business when I originally got my craft room set up as I bought kitchen units, and they don't really work too well for me now.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

Stampin, scrappin, craftin addict! Alipeeps's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I've got the triple stacker unit from Storage 4 Crafts and it's fab. Wouldn't be without it. I especially love the paper shelves... so much nicer having my paper in reach and visible rather than packed away in boxes etc. Their service was great and the unit was fairly easy to assemble (says she who let her DH do the assembling! ).

I've also bought clear 12x12 trays from them that fit nicely in one of the cubbies of my Expedit to store my cardstock on.
    The Crop Circle team - Green Buttons House
    Art Journal CJ
    My Craft Blog: Alipeeps' Art

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

That's really helpful, thanks. I don't think I can wait til summer as the unit may collapse and then I'll have nowhere to put anything (And that WILL make DH cross) But Dh is coming round to the idea.....

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

just worked out for what I want it will be £900 Anyone want a Victorian buffet for a good price? (just don't put your scap supplies on it)