Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)

Scrapping in a4 size?

Just been reading an article in a mag about scrapping in non scrapbook industry sizes ie a4 to fit into standard UK size ring binders. It seems like a great idea and certainly much cheaper than the d ring albums provided by the scrapbook industry! Does anyone currently do this and also are acid free punched pockets available in a4 size or do you just use regular punched pockets?

I'm seriously considering swapping to this size to enable me to have more funds to spend on stash goodies rather than paying for expensive albums!

Autistic Forecast for today: Scattered Brainstorms PurplyDragon's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    i switched to a4 size a couple of years ago after i had rebuild my entire stash... i never much got on with 12x12, so i needed a change.

im not a true fanatic about acid free, i figure that so long g and they had survived a good 80-90 yrs.

the nice thing about a4 is, that i can print off my digi los at home and put them into my albums as well, plus there are so many fab ring binders around at next to nothing price wise, it allows me to spend more on actual stash
    Jealousy is when you count someone else's blessings instead of yours.

Cjs: Childhood Toys sent 14/07

View Gallery

Thats a good point about printing digis. I've done a few and not printed them because they were too big for my printer! I'm liking the sound of a4 even more now!

Faffer Extraordinaire lou@papermaker's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (65)
    I'm with picxie, I'm not an acid free fad, esp in this digital age, but I do scrap a4, I'm not sure the bigger 7x5 photos looks so good on this size but I enjoy working with a4 and its so much easier to get card to play with.

I just popped my finished ones in a bog standard ring binder

and as a footnote - why should we always be dominated by sizes from USA?
    My BLOG
    SWAPS:

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by lou@papermaker View Post
    I'm with picxie, I'm not an acid free fad, esp in this digital age, but I do scrap a4, I'm not sure the bigger 7x5 photos looks so good on this size but I enjoy working with a4 and its so much easier to get card to play with.

I just popped my finished ones in a bog standard ring binder

and as a footnote - why should we always be dominated by sizes from USA?
    I totally agree why keep to 12 by 12. I am swapping to A4 this year too. Nice prettier, and far cheaper binders out there to be had and digital layouts in A4 are easier to print at home too

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    mmmm, will have to think about this too, sounds really good and you can decorate the folder the way you want it to look too.
    Great idea ladies.
    Will have to use up the dozen or so 12x12 albums first though...lol
    Sylvia

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings we continue to fly...on our broomsticks

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    This was discussed several years ago and at the time the plastic A4 wallets from WHSmiths were labelled as being acid free - not sure whether they still are as I haven't bought any for a while.

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys and memory keeper/scrapbooker Mrs Cheshire's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    helsbells (Helen) scraps in A4 and is on the design team for Sarah's Cards. She recently shared some recent layouts she'd made on the blog!
    Dawn
    Team Leader My Blog
    July Points Slo7, DLO, Weekly Challenges wk1= wk2= wk3= wk4= Hc= Mini books= Total

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Whilst not A4 I scrap 8 1/2" x 11" most of the time, both landscape and portrait. I am more of a rectangle girl than a square girl LOL

I totally agree about size being very personal and whilst there are some things that work well on a particular size I think you can adapt anything to whatever shape you want.

I also do a fair bit 8 x 8. It means I can print digital pages if I want, I can print titles on regular paper pages and it takes up less room. I have about 30 full 12 x 12 albums and they take up a LOT of room and are heavy when full. I like the flexibility of a smaller size

Once I have used up all of my 8 1/2 x 11 albums ( a while to go yet) I may well switch to A4 (Unless my dream has come true in which case I will be living in the US and able to scrap US letter size still)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I also have lots (and lots) of albums to use (from the last TKMaxx sale) but scrapping A4 really appeals to me too. The layouts always seem to look very neat and the thought of being able to buy albums for a couple of quid and decorat them myself really appeals!
    If the only thing I lose today is my mind it'll be a miracle!!

http://shadesofpinkandsparkly.blogspot.co.uk/

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Beware of being too complacent about non acid free !
    I started 'scrapping' about 20 years ago - bought massively expensive albums by a German manufacturer (Kenro) i think they were and they were those paper ones with that thin paper in between each page. Thye cost £25 each in those days - they have all gone brown and i have had to take all the photos out of them and keep them in a box until i can scrap them properly.
    Now those years have gone by in a flash - so i stick to all acid free..

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Also - those A4 page protectors are not all photo safe - someone investigated this on the threads a while back and rang manufacturers and found out exact details - Mary Anne may remember !
    I use the stuff from Arrowfile - but all the geneology pockets available cheaper should be safe

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    I bought some acid free A4 pockets from WH Smith about a year ago I think ...

View Gallery

These are the acid free ones from WHSmith http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndS...ctID=00769334# Hope that helps I've been scrapping in A4 size and using these for about 5 years now
    ~~ Helen ~~

View Gallery

Wow, thanks for all the responses and advice! I think A4 is the way to go from now on for me