Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Question Which paper for punching flowers

I love using flowers on my cards but don't want to keep having to buy them. I have some flowers punches now but I don't know which paper to use that will give me results like the bought flowers. I have been wondering if mulberry paper would do the trick? I would welcome some advice please.

I will try to add a picture of the type of flowers I mean.
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    Mulberry paper would clog up in your punch and I don't think it would punch too well though you could try it between 2 scraps of paper/card.

You can get quite a good effect just by scunching up flowers cut from ordinary paper/card and flattening them back out, or by putting it on a spongy surface like the underside of a mouse mat and going round and round on the back of your flower with an embossing tool.

Also if you have a bigshot or a cuttlebug the flowers can look quite good embossed with say a polka dot embossing folder.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (67)
    Another great way to get the effect of the 'mulberry' type flower is to punch out your flowers and then run them through a ribbler to break down the fibres. 'Ribbe' them one way, and then put them back in and 'ribble' the other way. Depending on the thickness of the paper (and what will go through the punch) ... they will sometimes 'split' into two layers.

The ribbler trick works a treat though x

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyshippers View Post
    I love using flowers on my cards but don't want to keep having to buy them. I have some flowers punches now but I don't know which paper to use that will give me results like the bought flowers. I have been wondering if mulberry paper would do the trick? I would welcome some advice please.

I will try to add a picture of the type of flowers I mean.
    Have you tried looking on Utube?
    I have found lots of ways to mark the petals on flowers. You just have to have patience:0)
    Pointy tools and pointy tweezers come in very useful for shaping petals, as do embossing balls too.
    Sandy

< >
    \0/
    /_\

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

oh well

Thanks 4 the replies and tips. Apologies for not replying sooner but we all got sick and it's taking me ages 2 get back 2 doing stuff. I have M.E. and beig greedy, a few other probs now 2, so bugs can really floor me. I am grateful 4 all your input n will do more research on YouTube and experiment. One question tho, what are embossing balls? I'm probably being dim.