Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper Gadget Monkey's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    Hubby got the day off work (not sure if he will come into the show with me or walk around Bluewater)... and daughter picking boys up from school, so all set to go on Friday... woohoooooo....

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneH View Post
    I'm watching the weather forecast with very worried frown! Driving on the motorways in icy weather, even for a craft show, does not appeal to me!!!! It's snowing/sleeting here right now, but I suppose it's just early days (whine).....
    Hi Jane. It's getting colder by Thursday. How about you get the National Express from Whitstable? It will save you driving, time and even money. Get yourself a £10 senior card and it will only cost you about £7.60 return. That's what I paid from here, so it may be even cheaper for you.

I do what I love and I love what I do.
    It's My Life!
    Glendale - Plot 138

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtAngel View Post
    Hi Jane. It's getting colder by Thursday. How about you get the National Express from Whitstable? It will save you driving, time and even money. Get yourself a £10 senior card and it will only cost you about £7.60 return. That's what I paid from here, so it may be even cheaper for you.
    I did think about it, Glen, but instead I'm driving and taking 3 others with me. I'll just keep an eye on the forecast. I don't mind a little cold, it's the ice and/or snow that scares me. Last year when we had that blizzard, I was coming home to Whitstable from Broomfield, a journey that normally takes 15 minutes took 2 1/2 hours! We live half-way down a hill and I slid, literally, all the way down. Brakes were useless, as was the steering wheel.... it was just the angel on my shoulder that got me home, and even she had a bit of wild ride! Most frightened I've ever been. Now I'm paranoid about the weather.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    I got caught in that blizzard Jane and have to admit I've never seen snow come down that thick and fast. I was only going from Canterbury to Chestfield and it took me 9 hours as in the end we just couldnt get out of Canterbury at all, so I took 2.5 hours to get from Sainsbury to Morrisons and sat in the garage, until DH finished his shift, left my car parked in the car wash overnight and he drove home down the A2.

I learnt to drive in the snow so am quite confident in it, but if its anything like that I will not go on Saturday even for a stamp AND sewing show!!!

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by yizzard View Post
    I got caught in that blizzard Jane and have to admit I've never seen snow come down that thick and fast. I was only going from Canterbury to Chestfield and it took me 9 hours as in the end we just couldnt get out of Canterbury at all, so I took 2.5 hours to get from Sainsbury to Morrisons and sat in the garage, until DH finished his shift, left my car parked in the car wash overnight and he drove home down the A2.

I learnt to drive in the snow so am quite confident in it, but if its anything like that I will not go on Saturday even for a stamp AND sewing show!!!
    Yep, if there's any chance of a repeat of that one, I'll stay home....in bed with the covers over my head!!! I still have nightmares about it!!! So far, however, the forecast is for cold, but mostly dry. Fingers crossed.

View Gallery

I'm back from the ICHF show in Bluewater and enjoyed the fact that it wasn't crowded like at Ally Pally but I guess as it is a new venue, the word hasn't got around as yet!

It was lovely to meet with fellow UKSers and see Lin and Leandra demonstrating for PaperArtsy.

I managed to buy all that I needed - 6x6 inch Bo Bunny pads for £6 each. The £ stall had word albums which I saw at £2.99 on another stall - exact same! I bought a few 'Family' ones. Lots of bargains to be had - card, stamps and lots of stalls had TH Distress Ink pads for £3.50. There were 'make and take' stalls - decopatch and another kit with Stephanie from off the tele!

There were seating areas on both levels and the 3rd level was a much bigger area for eating but not much in the way of food - choc au pain and danish pastries, tea, coffee and hot chocolate. I took my own lunch and ate it there. Toilets just along from the seating area on the top level. Not sure if there were more on different levels.

I did notice that there were trolleys allowed but they have been banned at Alexandra Palace and if it gets busy at Bluewater in future, they may be banned there too! I don't think there was a cloakroom to leave filled bags etc. I carried mine around with me and I am beginning to regret it!

I am pleased that I went today as it may be snowing tomorrow and Saturday!
    Enjoy if you go.

It's My Life!
    Glendale - Plot 138

View Gallery

I'm back from the ICHF show in Bluewater ....
    I am pleased that I went today as it may be snowing tomorrow and Saturday!
    Enjoy if you go.
    Sounds like you had a good day. Thanks for the report. I'll be going tomorrow and praying it doesn't snow enough to affect the roads.

Dedicated Scrapper Shopperholic's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    i bought a fair amount particularly from Paperartsy. I enjoyed it but i've never been to any of the others so don't have anything to compare it to.

Hi to ArtAngel, i was the one who recognised you from your pic on here when you were at the Paperartsy stand.

Janina Beckett
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (82)
    The best deal of the day for me was taking out a sub to either Parcraft and Cardmaking mag or Quick cards and walking away with one of the new style Papermania wheeled totes! I was going to buy one from the Range, so for the same price(years sub was £42.95) I got a tote, years mag sub, latest mag and a goodie bag! Well chuffed. This stand was upstairs with the sewing stands.
    You could of got othet mag subs from this company.

View Gallery

Just got home and absolutely LOVED this show! And, as a bonus, had sunshine all the way and the most wonderful day and bought lots of goodies!

The only criticism was that there was no creche or coatroom. If enough people complain, I'll bet they do one next year. As for food, you've got the Bluewater food court right outside the door to the venue. We ate at Ed's Diner and I can highly recommend it.

Go and enjoy.

View Gallery

So I got up this morning and thought to myself...why don't I go back to the show...so I did!

I did look out for you Jane. I bet you spent a lot of time in the stitches part. I didn't go there today as time was shorter but I did spend time checking out what I wished I had bought yesterday and went back for more £1 chipboard word albums.

I was sad to see that The Cadbury Cocoa House was closed both yesterday and today, so I do hope that it's not going to be closing down. It's a lovely place to enjoy a REAL Cadbury hot chocolate...even though it was rather expensive.

One of the ladies on a booth told me that I could have got a free entry ticket for today when I came out of the show yesterday! So I did mention that when I came out today and the guy told me to go up to the office but my National Express coach was due shortly! So anyone who is going tomorrow and decides to go back Sunday, get a free entry ticket.

Have fun.

It's My Life!
    Glendale - Plot 138

View Gallery

So I got up this morning and thought to myself...why don't I go back to the show...so I did!

I did look out for you Jane. I bet you spent a lot of time in the stitches part.....
    You're right, Glen. I spent about 80% in stitches (so much just to see) and 20% in the papercraft area. I honestly wanted to go back myself and buy more of the fabric, and would have, but yesterday woke up with a horrible head cold and then today the snow stopped me. Oh well.... I think we may go to the Make-It show in Farnborough on our way to see DH's son in Devon, but I don't remember many fabric sellers there in the past. Maybe I just wasn't as interested then....

Dedicated Scrapper Gadget Monkey's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    I went on Friday, bought way too much stuff as usual but was really pleased with my buys..... bought foils for foiling with my laser printer and laminator, Daily Bread stamps and dies, lots of pearls, beads, charms and a flower kit which I am practising, and as an added bonus found a gorgeous (expensive!!) leather bag which I have been looking for for about a year and DH bought it for me for Valentines Day.... so really pleased I went, and we ate at the Tapas Revolution restaurant right outside and enjoyed our paella and beer very much.....

View Gallery

I called the ICHF line today and told them that I went back on Friday and paid at the door when I was told that I could have got in free, so the kind lady is sending me a complimentary entry ticket for September.

It's My Life!
    Glendale - Plot 138

Diehard UKScrapper - Tier One Sponsor -
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    We never made it on Sunday. We didn't want to risk being stuck on the M25. And we had bought tickets inadvance too. So sorry to have missed it. I wonder if we could get our tickets exchanged for September
    Jilly