Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Scrappin' in my cabin... starbeval's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (43)
    I hope to go, it'll take me about an hour to get there but that's a heck of a lot nearer than the NEC!

So not scrapping related, but I'm glad Linden Lady will be there, I love their chocolate
    Sue

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    Well if their Winter in New York was anything to go by, then I am not going to get that excited. Be aware ladies that the new arena is not that big if they are going to combine both crafts and display costumes!!! Also the nearest lift wasnt working so people were either carrying buggies and trollies up a huge set of stairs or having to walk back to the other side of the mall and then back again just to get up and down to the hall. Total chaos so I hope they get it more organised by the time of the show.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Quote Originally Posted by yizzard View Post
    Well if their Winter in New York was anything to go by, then I am not going to get that excited. .....Total chaos so I hope they get it more organised by the time of the show.
    "Winter in NY" wasn't an ICHF event....different people planning it so maybe it will be okay. The ICHF people have lots of successful experience.

But don't forget that the Make-It Show in Farnborough will follow on just after (24-26 Feb), and their website states: "Make-it is one of the biggest craft events in Southern England, attracting the most popular companies in the craft world and thousands of enthusiastic visitors each year. This year Make it brings you not only the best in paper craft and card making but a whole array of new and traditional crafts that celebrate the increasingly popular “homemade” theme, including knitting, stitching, beading, patchwork, candle making, felting, ceramics, preserving and baking." I've gone to their show and it is HUGE!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Only 10 mins from me, my home from home

View Gallery

Jane the lack of lifts and the small size of the actual arena with only one set of toilets in it is down to Bluewater, not the event organisers. Its the Bluewater management that need to pull their fingers out!! The Winter in NY was a wash out too but wasnt helped by the lack of correct signage, dirty toilets and lifts not working. Bluewater is usually much better at this kind of thing but I have to say the last two times I have been I have been very disappointed in the state of the place re cleanliness and general maintenance/decor.

Must learn to say NO!! Wannabe Rebel's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (41)
    I was interested in this thread especially the location of the event as I too am just across the border in Essex.

I am interested in all things sewing, so may go anyway but I have to say from the list of exhibitors I don't see very many scrapbooking related.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (89)
    I took the kids ice skating at the winter in new york today, i didnt think it was bad.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe Rebel View Post
    I was interested in this thread especially the location of the event as I too am just across the border in Essex.

I am interested in all things sewing, so may go anyway but I have to say from the list of exhibitors I don't see very many scrapbooking related.
    If you click on this link, then click on 'Glow, Bluewater Events Venue, Kent' to the left of the screen under 'Dates for your Diary', it will take you to a list of papercrafting exhibitors...

http://www.ichf.co.uk/hobbycrafts/

But I agree, not many scrapbooking exhibitors...
    Sue

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by starbeval View Post
    If you click on this link, then click on 'Glow, Bluewater Events Venue, Kent' to the left of the screen under 'Dates for your Diary', it will take you to a list of papercrafting exhibitors...

http://www.ichf.co.uk/hobbycrafts/

But I agree, not many scrapbooking exhibitors...
    Thanks for the link. I see lots more papercraft vendors than anything else! In fact, I don't see even one name I recognize as sewing or quilting, and that's why I was hoping to go! Boo hoo!

View Gallery

Artangels link is to the Creative stitches show while the ichf one is to the hobbycraft show, are they running both events at the same time? Confused.com here now.

View Gallery

Jane, there seems to be two shows at the same venue/same time, one papercrafting, one fabric related.

Try clicking on the link Glen (ArtAngel) gave in her opening post...

http://www.ichf.co.uk/creativestitches/

Again, click on 'Glow, Bluewater Events Venue' under 'Dates for your Diary'...

Hope that helps
    Sue

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by starbeval View Post
    Jane, there seems to be two shows at the same venue/same time, one papercrafting, one fabric related.

Try clicking on the link Glen (ArtAngel) gave in her opening post...

http://www.ichf.co.uk/creativestitches/

Again, click on 'Glow, Bluewater Events Venue' under 'Dates for your Diary'...

Hope that helps
    Ahhhh, that's better! I feel more hopeful now, but how confusing..... maybe it's me and I just didn't read it carefully enough.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    What day is everyone going? I thought Thursday may be the 'quieter' day...not if everyone thinks the same it won't be! I'm going to book my coach and entry tickets tomorrow for Thursday.

I do what I love and I love what I do.
    It's My Life!
    Glendale - Plot 138

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (39)
    I think I will go on Thursday on my own (telling no-one I am going!!) and then will go again at the weekend with friends and daughter! Is that wrong!!!
    Pauline

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ArtAngel View Post
    What day is everyone going? I thought Thursday may be the 'quieter' day...not if everyone thinks the same it won't be! I'm going to book my coach and entry tickets tomorrow for Thursday.
    Not sure yet, but I'm leaning towards Friday. That gives the show a day to work out the glitches, for the vendors to get set up, for things to just settle a bit, but still early enough that stock won't be depleted and I won't be fighting the weekend crowds.