Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)

need ideas on what to do with Santa pictures

every year for my local school we have santa come and I take pictures mount them on card and all the profits go to the school was wondering has anyone any ideas or pictures of how I could mount them on card this year many thanks Sandra x

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    ?? Do you mean Santa with the children? Or Santa on his own? To sell to parents or the children? Jude.x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    santa with the kids... we have him come and they get their picture taken with him and get a present... I then mount them on card and they pay for them and the profits go towards school funds.. x

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    The easiest would be to use Photo corners, so the parents can take them out of the card if they want to put them in an album or scan them or something like that. Likewise, I THINK there are still corner punches that cut a slit in the corner so you can tuck a photo into it. I had a couple I was trying to get rid of, but think they are gone now or I'd send you one You would have to punch a plain piece of card then mount that to the base card, tho', because I don't think you could punch the folded corner without punching thru both sides of the card.

You can use pre-bought photo corners or make our own. It would be a lot of folding and cutting (although I have a method that greatly streamlines the process) but you could make them a lot more decorative and perhaps (and that is a big IF, I think) add "value" to the photo card.

The other, faster, option would be to use one of the temporary, removeable adhesive in the corners and just stick it on.

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    What if you had the kids make the cards beforehand? What parent could resist?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    How about putting the photos in a keyring or fridge magnet? Would cost a bit more, but you should be able to buy in bulk. Or give parents the option - they could carry their little darlings everywhere then. :-) Or expanding on MaryAnne's idea get the kids to decorate the outside edge of a frame (the sort that you slide photos between two layers; like the ones that school photos are put in..... do you know what I mean because that's a rubbish explanation.. :-D )