Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Not another one

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by mad hatter View Post
    I found a 180 pearlised card/heavy paper from a craft place on internet and it is very nice for cutting embellishments. i.e swirls, flowers etc. Would not do for base card. The card is in two thicknesses. 180gsm and 250gsm I think. Called Stardream. A lady I was talking to sent me a sampe. She cuts for selling the embellishments.She told me where to send for it.
    She also said that you can get a universal blade that cuts better as it is at a different angle . Apparently if the blade itself is cut at a different angle it cuts better. Please do not shoot the messenger I am only asking as my husband also asked me about some blade he found on internet that was 'universal' and instead if adjusting length of blade with wee screw caps you just clicked it up and down...or something like that.. Hubby is a browse-aholic. None of it meant anything to me. I have just put a new robo blade in mine last week to see if it will cut better. I think I wore old one somewhat when I got the machine at first trying to cut unsuitable card.
    Now tonight one of the dogs has stolen my wee blue cap for cutter!!! *#$*&. It fell on floor and she was away with it and out the open door before I got off the chair.( Mind you it takes me a wee bit effort to get up with my bad back). I have the pink and yellow . I am NOT running about with a shovel looking for it as we have 10 dogs and I am afraid I cannot distinguish between the poops from the house dogs and the ones who are at present out in the kennels but as they all run about together outside it would be mission impossible even if I felt the urge...if you will excuse the pun..
    Nite all.
    Unless the software has changed that much, you don't need blades with different angles, the software is set to compensate for the angle of the blade which is 45 degrees.

Don't think that those screw or click blades are the answer to all cutting problems they aren't, in fact I've found they are a nightmare, you still have to guess at the blade depth and that means every time you cut something even something you have cut before you will have to test cut, unless of course you want to hack up your carrier sheet and chew up the card or unless you can afford to keep a blade for every type of media you have, which is something someone suggest to me once . My other machine uses a screw blade, preparing to cut makes me want to throw the * in the bin, by the time I've got the blade length right and then the pressure, I could have already cut it on my CR.

Plus it isn't just the blade that determines a good cut it's the motor in the machine and they are not made to haul heavy metal blades holders from side to side, while cutting overly heavy card.

I have a small tin that came free with a magazine years ago, I keep my blades and caps in there, in the top draw of the desk, you should take care of your machine and accessories, they aren't cheap.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I do usually keep them in a wee box but was changing them at the time and dropped them. My hands do not always do just what I intend .Will soldier on for the moment until next month before replacing.. Have bought too much this month as Clarity stamps removed none sponsor advertising have proved a big temptation!!!
    Last edited by Lucille; 18-09-2011 at 11:15 AM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I received the dvd this morning for the robo sillhuette. BIG disappointement!! It only tells you how to install it ...ie. what we all know already if we have a robo. I thought it would tell me how to actually use it..such as a wee demo.
    Just put in player and play. Follow usual instructions to click yes/yes etc. Colour of screen and make buttons a bit bigger by 2 sizes. ...END if story. Sorry I wasted the money.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    What a shame it wasn't any help but there's so much information in the tutorials on here plus help from the members

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by mad hatter View Post
    I received the dvd this morning for the robo sillhuette. BIG disappointement!! It only tells you how to install it ...ie. what we all know already if we have a robo. I thought it would tell me how to actually use it..such as a wee demo.
    Just put in player and play. Follow usual instructions to click yes/yes etc. Colour of screen and make buttons a bit bigger by 2 sizes. ...END if story. Sorry I wasted the money.
    You can probably find out how to change the interface ie. button sizes etc by going into the preferences and actually having a play around, but just in case you find it a bit overwhelming and can't get back to what it was like before you started to play either take a screen shot of the windows before you start or write down the default settings.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank so much. I am awful for pressing buttons and not knowing what I am doing. Will give it another try. I can get cutting but I know there is so much more for Robi to give me. Will keep at it.