Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Studio 1.9.2

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Well ladies I got my new mats today uploaded the latest update V2.2.0 and NO it doesn't matter what mat you use, mind you the cut was about 1mm out so they are getting closer compared to the other examples that I did with the other update versions......See here
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

i missed this thread, and had problems last night trying to print n cut a 'quickie' b'day card.

Needless to say, its off...Upgrading my software, I thought would solve the problem...it went straight to Version 2.2.0.

Guess what, it's off!

What do you all recommend, uninstall and install version 1.9.2? or just complain......

Fiona

View Gallery

Did your machine do print and cut OK in earlier versions of Studio?

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

Morniing Lucille, Glad you're around. It was way off, but I managed in 1.7 but I managed to calibrate it manually. In 1.9.0, I have been unable to calibrate it successfully and I;ve double checked the software in Version 2.0, which asks for automatic detection of Reg Marks, and Click on Cameo of Studio. I got the same results with both.

I wondered if those who updated to 1.9.2 had any success, because no one seems to have reported back specifically.

Fiona

View Gallery

I think some said it had fixed the problem. Try 1.9.2 but use printer paper and the setting on your printer that uses less ink, if it still off you won't waste too much card and ink.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Here's one I did with 1.92. I've got 2.2 0n my laptop and 1.92 on my desktop which has my printer and Robo attached. I'm not sure if I want to update the software to 2.2 on my desktop because this print and cut is better than I had in previous versions. Has anyone got a better cut with 2.2?
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

latest update

Print n Cut still off on the cut. All software, produces the same result. That's consistent at least. I now have to go out, but Ive removed all versions, started again and uploaded 1.9.2, for the moment.

Ive emailed SilhouetteAmerica. We'll see.

Fiona

View Gallery

I have 2.2.0 and mine is still out slightly
    Sue

View Gallery

This is Their Reply:

We are sorry to hear of the reported concern with the print and cut operation being misaligned. Please update to the following version in order to correct this issue:

PC - http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/sup...dio_V2.2.0.exe
    Mac - http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/sup...dio_V2.2.0.dmg

I am about to download and try this update - if it works, will post and advise others to try the same.

Fiona

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I've already got this on my laptop but not my desktop where my printer and Robo are so I would be interested to see how good it is. If it's ok I'll install it on my desktop too

View Gallery

Despair

If anyone has had a modicum of success with this software's Print n Cut feature and the CR CC200-20, using the original CR mat, please let me know.

Numerous messages sent and awaiting replies from Silhouette America.

Downloaded, removed and re-downloaded software appropriate to solving all problems encountered........I found the software to be erratic, sometimes read registrations marks, other times it did not. Cuts out by 2mm either way, and despite the calibration facility, the memory does not hold any input. Further findings discovered that calibration can through mechanism out altogether. Even calibrate, close program and restart computer, does not hold information to memory as with other programs.

Im very clearly disappointed at the waste of time. Luckily, on Lucilles advice I test printed in B&W on plain copy.

Won't waste any more time with this feature.....slanted my view on new Cameo too.

Fiona

View Gallery

Success, finally

OK. Poss a craft robo 200-20 problem only, but my experience with several downloads showed varying sizes from 84-96MB. Have removed everything from desktop and trash. Reboot. Then switched off for 30 mins and same for Robo.

Upload software 2.2.0. Print calibrate page. Go to Silhouette manual, follow calibration instruction to manually use arrows to align over the first X. Did not find the Vertical/Horizontal alignment tools helpful for my machine. For others, please note, according to the manual, these are used in reverse. The horizontal slider for Vertical alignment and the vertical slider for Horizontal alignment.

I found, I needed to visually look under blade and align it to sit on the left-most point of the Horizontal line.

I have a print n Cut feature which is virtually undetectable by non-crafters

Silhouette team were helpful in their replies and stress this feature has been well tested on the new Cameo. (stool sitting on the fence re purchase).

Hope my experience helps others to avoid wasted time and wish everyone else success.

Fiona

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by fimcc4168 View Post
    OK. Poss a craft robo 200-20 problem only, but my experience with several downloads showed varying sizes from 84-96MB. Have removed everything from desktop and trash. Reboot. Then switched off for 30 mins and same for Robo.

Upload software 2.2.0. Print calibrate page. Go to Silhouette manual, follow calibration instruction to manually use arrows to align over the first X. Did not find the Vertical/Horizontal alignment tools helpful for my machine. For others, please note, according to the manual, these are used in reverse. The horizontal slider for Vertical alignment and the vertical slider for Horizontal alignment.

I found, I needed to visually look under blade and align it to sit on the left-most point of the Horizontal line.

I have a print n Cut feature which is virtually undetectable by non-crafters

Silhouette team were helpful in their replies and stress this feature has been well tested on the new Cameo. (stool sitting on the fence re purchase).

Hope my experience helps others to avoid wasted time and wish everyone else success.

Fiona

Hi Fiona

I will be back to try out the calibrate tool again with your step by step help if you have the time and patience........

Loves playing with Studio BathBelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Angel have you noticed this comment hidden at the very end of the calibration instructions, over the page.

Additional test results are not necessary as further resulting test cuts will yield the same results on the test page and fall in line with the new adjusted number. You should only perform this test once.

I made that text red, but it seems to say to me that you cannot repeat the process, what do you reckon?

Ruth

View Gallery

I agree, repeat tests one after the other are futile. Cuts in same place, or 0.01mm difference, perhaps.

But in my case, I took out the software and did it all over again. Page 51 specifies using the top left cross for the calibration. I believe the instructions are, shall we say a little less than specific, and there is a little reading between the lines. I personally couldn't use the vertical and horizontal line adjustments. I press the arrow down button until the cutter was more or less above the centre of the cross, then pressed the left button to guide it to just past the tip of the left cross. (I think I took a second pass at this just to the left again, 0.2mm approx). Only do this if you measured the cut square from the printed square.

Hope that makes sense.

Will check back to see hop you go.

[As an aside, don't worry about doing the calibration again, Silhouette assured me that I could do it after another cut i.e. new project perhaps not cutting exactly, then I could do it again.]

Fionax