Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Studio 1.9.2

Loves playing with Studio BathBelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Haven't had a chance to try P & C with1.9.2 yet, hopefully tomorrow.

Ruth

View Gallery

I forgot to say that I did communicate my efforts at calibration to the Silhouette Support team, here is what I wrote:

Hello All

I won't even tell you the words I was using when I tried to follow the instructions on page 51 of the manual on how to calibrate my 1st generation silhouette, Can I make a suggestion that an idiot proof You Tube tutorial is done on how to calibrate the Silhouette for Print & Cut......Because I have the manual feed knob for my carrier sheet, I waited until the registration detection process had finished and then moved the manual feed knob a few millimeters and was able to get a perfect Print & Cut; which is not an ideal situation to the P&C problem.....        

And this is the reply:

We are truly sorry to hear of the further frustration experienced with using the older Silhouette model and calibration concerns. We will certainly be happy to relay your request to have further detailed instructions created for calibration instructions. Please let us know if you ever require any further assistance.

Thanks,

The Silhouette Support Team

www.silhouetteamerica.com

View Gallery

Hiya
    I have just updated to v1.9.2 and have successfully printed and cut a sheet from the Humphrey CD.
    Well chuffed, no more cutting out for me, even the little button holes were good!

Will have to play at using the other cds i have now!!
    ta
    elaine
    If I say peerie - I mean little

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I've just installed 1.9.2 and the print and cut was perfect with it . The cutting was badly out with 1.9 so very happy bunny here.
    Nancy

View Gallery

Hi Nancy and Elaine, can I ask if you both have the CraftRobo/Silhouette SD version?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi Angel I have the silhouette sd.
    Nancy

View Gallery

hi
    I have the old robo c200-20
    ancient but works perfectly so wont replace.
    elaine

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by glasfryn View Post
    Hi Angel I have the silhouette sd.
    Nancy
    Quote Originally Posted by sheltie141 View Post
    hi
    I have the old robo c200-20
    ancient but works perfectly so wont replace.
    elaine
    Thanks for replying ladies
    I thought it was a problem that was only affecting the older CraftRobo/Silhouette models, but you both have proved me wrong....Will just have to hope for simpler calibration instructions and in the meantime I will just keep tweaking my feeder knob....

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Angel13 View Post
    Thanks for replying ladies
    I thought it was a problem that was only affecting the older CraftRobo/Silhouette models, but you both have proved me wrong....Will just have to hope for simpler calibration instructions and in the meantime I will just keep tweaking my feeder knob....
    OK Ladies 1 more question, when you did your Print & Cuts what mat did you use????? Your Craft Robo Silhouette mats or another make???

View Gallery

I was very nervouse about upgrading to version 1.9, but took the plunge at the weekend. I upgraded to version 1.9.2, and although I have only done a test print and cut it worked fine.

It does look like this version of the upgrade solves the problem of print and cut.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Angel13 View Post
    OK Ladies 1 more question, when you did your Print & Cuts what mat did you use????? Your Craft Robo Silhouette mats or another make???
    I used my silhouette mats. I always do for print and cut so that I know the page is lined up properly
    Nancy

View Gallery

@Angel 13

I use my old craft robo mats - well worn but with a touch of replaceable mouse glue on the corners of the paper!
    ta
    elaine

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by glasfryn View Post
    I used my silhouette mats. I always do for print and cut so that I know the page is lined up properly
    Nancy

@Angel 13

I use my old craft robo mats - well worn but with a touch of replaceable mouse glue on the corners of the paper!
    ta
    elaine

Well ladies it just so happens that someone on another forum was advised by The Silhouette Support team that in her picture they could see a cricut mat and suggested she use a silhouette mat, and I was like her and said what has a carrier mat got to do with it!!!!(tina turner just jumped into my mind just then)

Anyway it looks like I'm going to have to do a test using my old Silhouette carrier mat, but I need to re-surface it first; will let you all know whether it was the mat or the software...........

View Gallery

I wouldn't have thought the mat would matter! but I am no expert, I just play.

the robo reads the black corner marks so it knows where to cut in relation to them. so even if the paper was squint on the mat it should technically work - just my thoughts!

View Gallery

I wouldn't have thought the mat would matter! but I am no expert, I just play.

the robo reads the black corner marks so it knows where to cut in relation to them. so even if the paper was squint on the mat it should technically work - just my thoughts!
    Couldn't agree more.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"