Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

1st attempt at making decoupage

Hi, I've printed a window design from a My Craft Studio cd rom and I've reprinted some of the flowers to cut out and create a decoupage effect. This is my first attempt at this and although the cutting out could be a little better it looks ok for 1st time (I'm sure a professional would disagree though!). I've sort of curled the petals on the top layer of flowers but the whole thing looks a bit flat. I will use little diamantes for the centre of the flowers but what could I do or use to add a little glitter perhaps to the edge of the petals without making a mess and ruining the project that so far has taken quite a lot of time? Can anyone help me with a suggestion please? I am a novice at card making really. The whole card is a lilac colour and the flowers are voilets.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Well I would use glitter glue, simply because if you sprinkle loose glitter on a decoupaged design it will get everywhere you don't want it.

I have some cheap gel pens from Asda - I'm sure they sell them elsewhere - which come in packs of four. Two are silver and two are gold, and two are just metallic. The other two are glittery and the gold one in particular gives a lovely glitter/glaze effect which I think looks rather expensive, lol. They're only something mad like £1 for all four - worth getting IMO just for the gold glittery one.

Maybe something like that would be a solution - no mess, just glitter where you want it?

HTH

View Gallery

I've tried the red a green glitter glue before but without much success I have to be honest. Seems to be all glue no glitter and can't get it in the right place though I nearly bought some today cos saw some in a beautiful purple and lilac!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (51)
    Donzie you really need stickles glitter glue, if you havent tried it already. Its brilliant and much more glitter to glue than cheaper versions and a small bottle does last a long time

View Gallery

Thanks for all your help. I'll have a look now at stickles glue and would the Sakura glitter pens also do the job?

Loves playing with Studio BathBelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Donna, Stickles are brilliant, just leave it somewhere safe to dry as it can take a while if it's thick.

Ruth

View Gallery

Oh great, stickles it is then!! I'll be making a purchase today! Thanks everyone