Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (44)
    Love your studio Fae. I would imagine it's a lovely hidey hole away from everyone

My girlies have a den/shed in our garden and it is surprisingly dry and damp free. They have an electric radiator for when it's chilly but nothing smells fusty in there They keep their keyboard and karaoke machine as well as their craft stuff in there.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Thank you for the lovely comments ladies ... I do spend as much time as possible in it. My boys are like all boys, very busy - so its nice and quiet when I'm in there ... mummy time

JaneH - I have a small timed portable heater in winter - so if the temp. drops below a certain degree it clicks on and heats the air - when it reaches the right temp it will switch itself off - OH got it for me so not sure what the right name for it is .. will check with him when he gets back from his mums. The walls and floor is insulated - but its the two small vents above the doors that keeps the air flowing in the shed and this eliminates the damp issues.

I researched for a good year online on what materials would be best to use and what cheaper substitutes would also work etc ... got lots of info on a site called Shed Heads ... its a forum for people building workshops .. so loads of info on how to keep things dry (some of the people are artists and keep paper and paints in theirs etc.)

OK going totally off topic - but really love creating in the studio and am so proud of OH who put it all together for me ... right going to stop now lol

Fae x

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Looking really good! I also have one in plan this summer. I'm considering the studio to be put in a shed from Summerwood. Does anyone have any experience with their sheds?
    Alexandra