Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

trouble installing rob 64bit drivers

Hi Crafters, please can anyone enlighten me as to how I can install the 64 bit driver for the craft robo software?
    The software has installed correctly, but when I go to install the driver, it keeps saying it has installed, but when i go into the robo software to see the the output to the craft robo, it says please install the software, when i do it keeps saying it is installed! I have tried installing the software with driver already attached, but the answer is still the same, I have tried installing, and uninstalling several times but I get nowhere.
    Please can someone help. I have used the silhuette studio software sucessfully for a little while now, but I know some of you crafters do use both programs.
    regards to everyone.Pat

View Gallery

The drivers are part of the program install, there shouldn't be any need to install them separately.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

driver trouble

Hi Lucille, Thanks for the reply, but I did think that, but seeing as how the software cannot see the the output settings, it will not work.
    Am I not using the craft robo software correctly do you think.
    Pat

View Gallery

Are you using RoboMaster or Studio?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

trouble with driver

Hi Lucille, I use silhuette studio, but I have installed Robo Master, and this is the program I am having grief with.
    regards Pat

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    You don't really need both. Studio is so much easier why not use that, you can open any GSD files you have saved

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

trouble with driver

Hi Doreen, Thanks I am sure you are right, I think I will stick to Studio, it is quite pleasant to use.
    kind regards Pat

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I changed computers and now have Windows 7 64 bit and had the same problem that Robo Master kept saying the driver was missing. In the end Windows 7 asked should it search and instal the Driver and I clicked 'yes' and then everything was perfectly okay. Prior to that I tried installing the Driver separately etc but it would not work. I don't know whether this information is of any help.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuttingbug View Post
    Hi Doreen, Thanks I am sure you are right, I think I will stick to Studio, it is quite pleasant to use.
    kind regards Pat
    I agree Studio is really easy to use or did you mean you're sticking to Robomaster?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam T View Post
    I changed computers and now have Windows 7 64 bit and had the same problem that Robo Master kept saying the driver was missing. In the end Windows 7 asked should it search and instal the Driver and I clicked 'yes' and then everything was perfectly okay. Prior to that I tried installing the Driver separately etc but it would not work. I don't know whether this information is of any help.
    Yes, it's well worth pointing out if you want to use Robo Master with Windows 7 as a number of people, myself included, have had this issue with drivers, and it still seems to be cropping up occasionally. There are actually a number of older threads about it, including one with information from Brian or Phil from Graphtec which gives detailed instructions on installing the Driver via Windows Device Manager, so you can do the installation directly without needing Windows to ask you.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

Rosemary is this the information you mentioned? If not I'll see if I can track it down.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Lucille, no it dosn't appear to be in his Hints and Tips - it's post no 6 in this thread from the end of January this year:

"If you download the driver from this link it should get you up and running. If you use this download you don't need to know if you have 32bit or 64bit because the driver installer checks your system for you and installs the correct driver as needed.

After installing this driver, if you still have problems with the software not 'seeing' the driver, try these steps below:

Make sure the CraftROBO is plugged in and switched on and go to the start menu, right click on Computer and choose properties. Once the system info window appears, choose device manager from the top left corner. Once you have Device manager open look down the list for a section marked 'other devices' and press the [>] next to it and you should see your Graphtec machine. Select the machine, right click and select 'update driver software'. When the Update driver window appears, choose ‘Search Automatically for updated driver software’ and Windows should associate the driver for you.

"

It's been mentioned several times in other similar threads so maybe you could add it to the Hints and Tips for us, please?

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

Thanks Rosemary I've cut and pasted it in to Brians Hints and Tips.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

thankyou thankyou thankyou I'm having probs with 64 bit driver for craft robo on my xp
    pc and have just came across this thread, after trying to download drivers I gave up and switched over to my lap top as my old pc and I were nearly coming to blows ( even started to blame the mouse ha ha ) but will switch on home pc and give it a go!!!!
    what a clever person you are
    ta te ta Cuppydoll

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thumbs up Happy happy days got 64 bits

Hi all, just wanted to let you know that I finally got my 64 bits after tryng
    all day, found the thread from Brian at Graftec and managed to follow his instructions. I'ts wonderful what a wee brandy will do as I was determined not
    to go to bed letting a machine beat me, but with a lot of help from my friends
    on this site my mouse still has it's tail commected ha ha
    nitey nite Cuppydoll