Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: Cutting mat

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Cutting mat

Just a quick basic query;
    I have bought a second hand Robo 200-20 which I'm having great fun with.

I need a new cutting mat and was looking at the Graphtec site where it specifies different mats for my model and the new ones. I would like a mat with a grid and the one shown for my model doesn't seem to have one. Is there any reason why I can't buy the one for the latest 300?

Karen

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    It doesn't say if they're different sizes/thickness but I would think there must be something different as there are two types. Maybe someone who has both machines can advise you better,sorry I can't be more help

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    I would say that the carrier sheets for the c200-20 are thicker than the ones for the c330..

But they are also differently made too.

The ones you need Karen are here
    Tina craft robo

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks for the quick answers; I was only thinking about the dimensions; never occurred to me the thickness may be different. I may wait till after the bank holiday and phone Graphtec to be sure.
    I've noticed from other postings that people have said they are very helpful

Thanks again
    Karen

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchfloozie View Post
    Thanks for the quick answers; I was only thinking about the dimensions; never occurred to me the thickness may be different. I may wait till after the bank holiday and phone Graphtec to be sure.
    I've noticed from other postings that people have said they are very helpful

Thanks again
    Karen

I am a reseller for GraphtecGB.. and these are the ones that are for the craftROBO 300 models.. I think personally they have double added to their website
    Tina craft robo

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by silverst170 View Post
    I am a reseller for GraphtecGB.. and these are the ones that are for the craftROBO 300 models.. I think personally they have double added to their website
    Tina perhaps you could tell us or find out for us, why do these machines have to have 2 different thickness's of carrier sheets and the others don't? I would really like to know as the blurb on the GAS site is miserly on information.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Tina perhaps you could tell us or find out for us, why do these machines have to have 2 different thickness's of carrier sheets and the others don't? I would really like to know as the blurb on the GAS site is miserly on information.

I don't believe there is a difference Lucille.. I think if you look at the graphtec site there is two sorts there but they have put one for the 330 model and the other is for the new silhouette machine... as far as I know they are both the same machine but just re-badged.. So rather than poeple getting mixed up they can buy for their particular machine.

They are the same carriers for both the craftROBO lite and the 330 version and the silhouette sd if you read the write ups ..the price is also the same and no mention of different thickness..
    Tina craft robo

View Gallery

I haven't looked at the UK site for carrier sheets, I'm just going off what I remember from the GAS site I've just had another look should have done that before asking you.

They have 3 types of carrier sheet all are recommended for the original sil which as far as I know is the same as the old CR's which I understand to mean that people with original CR/sils can use the new plastic ones with the grids, but I saw someone selling their CS because they didn't work on the original machine.

I think I'll just stick to the old style CS, they have always worked for me and as they say 'if it ain't broken don't fix it'

View Gallery

The old style carrier sheets are for our machines Lucille the blue and the grey lidded one which I have.. The new ones are for the updated craftROBO and the silhouette with the grids on
    Tina craft robo

View Gallery

thick media cutting mat
    This cutting mat is compatible with both the original Silhouette and the Silhouette SD. The mat is intended for use with thicker materials such as cardstock and pattern paper and has stronger adhesive to hold these thicker materials in place while cutting.

Thin cutting mat
    This cutting mat is compatible with both the original Silhouette and the Silhouette SD. The mat is intended for use with thinner materials such as copy paper and delicate media and has lighter adhesive to allow easy removal of those materials from the surface

The only difference I can see is the adhesive applied.. And this is from Silhouette site not GraphtecUK
    Tina craft robo

View Gallery

On the GAS site the CS for my machine they call 'the original' yet they say against all the CS that they can be used with the original machine, therefore doesn't that mean machines like mine?

View Gallery

we must have been posting at almost the same time.

I agree the adhesive seems to be the only difference, which is such a crock none of the mats stay sticky for long and it's not exactly rocket science to give it a quick spray for thin media and 2 quick sprays for thicker material when I haven't had any adhesive around I've just stuck the card down with low tack tape. They obviously think there are a lot of gullible people out there.

View Gallery

Yeap I think so Lucille that's probably why that's not posted on the graphtec site coz they are both the same other than the one for our machine..
    Tina craft robo

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Answer from Graphtec

Hi

I emailed Graphtec to ask about the carrier sheet; they have confirmed that the one with the grid is not suitable for my older Robo, so I'm going to try and put some sort of grid on the new one when it arrives.

Karen

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchfloozie View Post
    Hi

I emailed Graphtec to ask about the carrier sheet; they have confirmed that the one with the grid is not suitable for my older Robo, so I'm going to try and put some sort of grid on the new one when it arrives.

Karen
    Thanks for letting us know, the 2 sites are very confusing at times. There were ladies on the WishBlade group who have drawn girds on their carrier sheets, I don't know how they related to the actual machine image. Perhaps you have to always feed the cs the same amount. Perhaps when you do it you could post a new thread and let us know if it works, I'm sure a lot will be interested.