I Wish They All Could Be UKScrappers Girls.

Friday 5. June 7.

by Maggie B

Adventure Awaits

by Mary Buttons

Weekly June 3.

by RED HEAD

Beautiful day

by scrapdolly

June week 2

by sharon1973

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Other Scrapping > Altered Art > Art Journals

Notices

ATDML banner

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollymoo View Post
    so you reckon moleskines better - even for a beginner?
    It doesn't matter what notebook you use. The important thing is it has to open flat to let you work in it.

Asda sell cheap Moeskine-type books.
    If you buy Moleskine the watercolour ones are good but are Landscape rather than portrait. I also like the sketchbook ones. Amazon usually have good prices.

If you use a book with thinner pages wou can stick them together using a gluestick and gesso the pages before you start painting

Hev, not a complete lunatic, but getting there! Mystery Woman's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    Asda always have thing that I want to get, but we don't have one any where near us!
    I already have lots of watercolour paper, as I used to be in an art group, and used to do watercolours. I don't want a ringbound one, or I could use my bind it All.

I picked up a really cheapy thing in town, but its only stapled, so I'm trying to think of a way to stop the pages coming out easily!

June points 0 SLO, 0 DLO, 0 Weekly Challenge, 6 Cards = 30 points

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (54)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystery Woman View Post
    Asda always have thing that I want to get, but we don't have one any where near us!
    I already have lots of watercolour paper, as I used to be in an art group, and used to do watercolours. I don't want a ringbound one, or I could use my bind it All.

I picked up a really cheapy thing in town, but its only stapled, so I'm trying to think of a way to stop the pages coming out easily!

Sewn bindings (eg coptic) are actually easier than you might imagine. and there are plenty of good tutorials online. You could work on your watercolour pages unbound and then bind at the end.

You do need to make up the signatures first tho and mark the page numbers otherwise you lose track of which page will end up facing which.
    Blog (warning, here be spoilers!) / Art Journals / Be-Stitched CJ

He can find me in the moonlight anytime Mollymoo's Avatar
    View Gallery

Asda sell cheap Moeskine-type books.
    if only I had read this before I went to ASDA this morning!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (47)
    i can always check my local asda if anyone wants some.
    ALLY allys blog
    The Story Book CJ

View Gallery

Someone mentioned ordering from Paint and art in Huddersfield, Juliwan I think. I went for a look round today. It's a nice shop and the guy was very helpful. they are hoping to run some art classes, so that could be interesting

Stampin, scrappin, craftin addict! Alipeeps's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Quote Originally Posted by meggie View Post
    Someone mentioned ordering from Paint and art in Huddersfield, Juliwan I think. I went for a look round today. It's a nice shop and the guy was very helpful. they are hoping to run some art classes, so that could be interesting
    Oooh I noticed it when driving past last wek and been thinking I must pop in... need to pop to Sainsbury's this afternoon so may try and swing by on the way. Do they sell any good journals? Am off on hols for two weeks in June and thinking about getting a small journal and filling all the pages with backgrounds and keeping a holiday journal/diary...
    The Crop Circle team - Green Buttons House
    Art Journal CJ
    My Craft Blog: Alipeeps' Art

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Alipeeps View Post
    Oooh I noticed it when driving past last wek and been thinking I must pop in... need to pop to Sainsbury's this afternoon so may try and swing by on the way. Do they sell any good journals? Am off on hols for two weeks in June and thinking about getting a small journal and filling all the pages with backgrounds and keeping a holiday journal/diary...
    They sell lots of pink pig but also had Venezia Fabriano in 3 different sizes. I bought a small one which is 4x6ins

It is upstairs and I don't think there was a lift

View Gallery

They sell lots of pink pig but also had Venezia Fabriano in 3 different sizes. I bought a small one which is 4x6ins

It is upstairs and I don't think there was a lift
    Well I went in today and picked myself up a nice Pink Pig journal.

You're right that there is no lift but I managed to carry DD1 in one arm and her buggy in the other (good job I didn't have both kids with me!) however had a lot of trouble with the entrance and ended up falling over! I was backing in with the buggy and the floormat is set into quite a recess and the rear buggy wheels dropped into the dip, making me stumble backwards and trip over the step just beyond the floormat - I reached out behind me but the inner door just swung open under my hand and I went flying onto my bum!

However, once I recovered (my balance and my dignity!) and got upstairs the owner was very chatty and helpful - and quite pleased to hear that he'd been recommended on UKS!
    Art Journal CJ

View Gallery

Glad you made it up the stairs. Well done you

A woman should hang onto her youth, but not whilst he's driving juliwan's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    Very speedy posting too

Obsessive maker of arty stuff Zullybelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)
    Where did we all go?? Bank Holiday Weekend activities I expect, not to mention half term blues??

Went to AFTH on Saturday - my first ever visit - and what a treasure trove that place is!! Did my first ever art journalling class with Kate Crane and pushed my boundaries with lots of painterly techniques, gesso (hate that chalky stuff) and inky sprays. Had a brilliant time and it was just SO nice to spend time with other journallers. I will DEFINITELY be going back ...

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Zullybelle View Post
    Where did we all go?? Bank Holiday Weekend activities I expect, not to mention half term blues??

Went to AFTH on Saturday - my first ever visit - and what a treasure trove that place is!! Did my first ever art journalling class with Kate Crane and pushed my boundaries with lots of painterly techniques, gesso (hate that chalky stuff) and inky sprays. Had a brilliant time and it was just SO nice to spend time with other journallers. I will DEFINITELY be going back ...
    Oooh am so jealous of you... I love Kate's work and would love to do a class at AFTH. One of these days, I am going to leave the kids with DH for the day and do just that!

I've been busy crafting recently but not journalling... have been playing with some card ideas. I have however started work on making a holiday journal... we're off to France for 2 weeks in mid-June and so I don't get withdrawals from crafting I am filling a small Pink Pig journal with backgrounds so I can journal in it during the holiday.
    Art Journal CJ

One day I'll be living the dream...
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)

I'm in the middle of the half term blues. DD was at nursery today but DS decided he wasn't going to get dressed under any circumstances and then when DD came home, all hell broke loose. Topped with sending Dh to the Dr's for me thanks to yet another UTI. Not many activities for me of any kind, other than trying to build my own treasure trove.

Really glad to hear you enjoyed yourself. Take it you got there OK. It is a fab place to spend with like minded people.

View Gallery

Glad you enjoyed the day at AFTH Rosie. I've done a couple of classes with kate and really enjoyed them.

I've been doing backgrounds like Ali. I'm going to Cambridge on Sunday till Tuesday evening on a course for work and then the following week I'm away with my middle daughter and grandson Mon - Fri so want to have my journal with me. I'm travelling by train to Cambridge so am restricted how much I can take.

+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast