Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    Glad your sorted Julia, I was going to say the same, you have to do the update for your Imagine to recognise the standard Cricut cartridges. You'll now be able to change all the layers to the colours of your choice, I must say I really enjoy doing that part. After having to keep changing to different colour card, it is now a joy to do. x

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Following up a post in Shop till you drop - I've plugged my Cricut into a working power supply and know it is the brick that is the problem not the machine. I am not having any luck finding a replacement in the UK (well, some eBay sellers who ship from the US) and while we have 100s (I am NOT exaggerating in the slightest, I promise you) power bricks none of them seem to have the exact specs of the Cricut one. Anyone used an alternative cord and what does it go with? Anyone?

Just to be clear, I have the UK plug/figure8 part of the hook up, it's the transformer (brick) that converts to UK power that I need. Someone said the Slice power is the same - anyone with both able to check that for me?

Sprinkle a little happiness wherever you go Hils's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Have you tried Maplins? Take the old brick in and they might have one that will do the same job.
    Hils

View Gallery

well, problem is Dh took the cord to his office to try to riffle through the boxes there and can't find it at the moment We did check online quite a lot months ago but frankly I wasn't sure the brick was the problem. What we found was nothing that matched exactly, at least online. So at the moment I don't even have access to the original cord to check the specs

View Gallery

Result! I am well impressed with PC having gotten this email from them after contacting the International Help line and following up with an email Despite my Cricut being more that 5 years old, then are sending me a replacement free of charge!! I'm stunned and please in equal parts:

I have created a incident, xxxxxx, in order to have a replacement sent to your home. This product is free of charge and will be delivered via Fed Ex. If you have any further questions or concerns please call our Customer Support with that Incident number and we will be able to assist your further. The toll free number is: 08081 017 032 Monday through Friday 7AM to 6PM MST.
    Well done PC.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Great news MaryAnne but have to admit to thinking it must be a first for PC to get their customer service right !
    Gwyneth

Blog

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by gwyneth 123 View Post
    Great news MaryAnne but have to admit to thinking it must be a first for PC to get their customer service right !
    Part of the reason I wanted to share. This really was above and beyond - old machine, well out of warranty, and sending it free? I was stunned. Credit where credit is due - they didn't have to do it, but I am ever so grateful they did. Esp. since the eBay ones I saw were in the £20 range and shipped from the USA. I am just pleased as punch.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Oh I agree, it really was excellent of them. That's why is was such a shock
    Gwyneth

Blog

View Gallery

Wow, I'm impressed!
    I have a Design Studio question - how can I de-activate it on my old PC so I can use it on my new one? Or am I just going to have to hope I am as lucky as MaryAnne with customer services?
    Hils

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by gwyneth 123 View Post
    No there isn't I'm afraid. Provocraft put paid to both SCAL & MTC some months ago when they sued both companies. It's carts only from now on for the people that didn't have it before the lawsuit.
    Thanks for the answer Although it wasn't what I wanted to hear
    LadyBird LadyBird
    My Blog & Wight Craft Circle Blog[/FONT]

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hils View Post
    Wow, I'm impressed!
    I have a Design Studio question - how can I de-activate it on my old PC so I can use it on my new one? Or am I just going to have to hope I am as lucky as MaryAnne with customer services?
    Sorry Hils I just saw this. After having to wipe and reinstall everything on my laptop I managed to get mine up and running again after a couple of emails to them explaining that I refuse to call international to get it reset. Or maybe try the live chat thing they have now.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    Since Provocraft took over the customer services and they have a European helpline they do seem to have improved. Try the freephone no that Mary Anne gave above. I've restored mine twice now - first time need a call to the US, but second was done by email with no hassle. Good luck.
    Rosie

Glitterbugs Team Member
    .2015 Christmas Card Chinese Whisper swap

View Gallery

Thanks both :-) I can't really ring A's I'm in Malaysia, and apart from anything else the time differences are pretty big! Email would be perfect, I'll give it a go :-)
    Hils

View Gallery

Wow, I'm so impressed! I got a reply the same day, and my Design Studio is now up and running again! Looks like Provocraft may well have got their act together with regards to customer support - I'm certainly a happy customer now
    Hils

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    glad to hear that
    Rosie

Glitterbugs Team Member
    .2015 Christmas Card Chinese Whisper swap