Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Sprinkle a little happiness wherever you go Hils's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Well I changed the speed and it worked! So again Gwyneth I know what you mean about the size, I cut a castle but it was flag less because the flagpoles were so thin they were non-existent! but at least even the wider bits are cutting properly now, and I'm now longer getting frustrated at my Cricut!
    Hils

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (64)
    Quote Originally Posted by gwyneth 123 View Post
    I think the problem with what you are trying to cut is the size IMO. There's a lot of the intricate images that won't cut below about 4 to 5 inches. A bit like a script font, the thin bits are too thin for the blade to go round. The width of the scrolls are changed in proportion to the height so it makes them very thin.
    the newer carts advise the minimum size for some images which is a great idea.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    Hils have you downloaded the cutting guide from Above Ruby Studios? It gives you all the different settings for all the different papers, including the different settings you need if you are cutting intricate shapes rather than simple shapes.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Changing the setting won't help at all if the image is too small to be cut though yizzard.
    As Doreen mentioned they have started to indicate the smallest size for cutting on some of the newer carts which is a great idea and saves a lot of time.
    Last edited by gwyneth 123; 04-09-2011 at 05:41 PM.
    Gwyneth

Blog

Sprinkle a little happiness wherever you go Hils's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Thanks Yizz, I'll have a look. My cutting guide is ancient, and says heavy card should be done on the highest setting! Will pay a bit more attention to the handbook as well to look for the minimum cutting size Thanks again everyone
    Hils

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    hello ladies I was wondering if anyone has the cupcake wrappers cartridge......I have been starting to cut these for some friends parties. However, some of the more intricate designs like the butterly just don't cut at cupcake size......muffins yes. Seems a bit daft to me that they would make a cartridge with that title and then it not actually be able to cut it? Bit like false advertising. Or is it me. I have tried new blades, low speed high pressure upping blade depth...adn back again. It just seems to chew up the bazzil and
    its getting very frustrating. Any ideas/ tips would be greatly appreciated.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    At a guess this might be because the american cupcake is a size similar to the muffin whereas english cupcake sizes are generally smaller (and used to be called fairy cakes or tea cakes). Since Provocraft are an american company they would probably make the sizes on the cart to meet american cupcake/muffins.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    I used it with my DS and it was still a real fiddle to get the size right for our paper cases. I only cut paper- not bazill, and the cuts were fine. Good luck.
    Rosie

Glitterbugs Team Member
    .2015 Christmas Card Chinese Whisper swap

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    ah that makes sense thanks ladies

My Craft Room - Wish it was bigger! tara2408's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    Hi does anyone know if you can use the deep cut housing and blade in the cricut imagine? I really want to get the stamp set you can get but need to cut with a deep blade.

getting busy with the digi!! faerie's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Hello ladies I am hoping someone can help!

I have a new cricut Imagine, I have been playing with the cart it came with and am very pleased with it. I have just purchased Damask decor original cart and my machine does not recognize it it says to go to the PC website but I can't find any info HELP!!
    x Julia

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I was thinking about asking the DH to buy me SCAL for christmas this year, but have just noticed that the version 3 (the only one you can now download) no longer supports Cricut is there another programme anyone can recommend that works like SCAL?
    thansk for your help
    LadyBird LadyBird
    My Blog & Wight Craft Circle Blog[/FONT]

Every artist was first an amateur. ani's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (59)
    Quote Originally Posted by faerie View Post
    Hello ladies I am hoping someone can help!

I have a new cricut Imagine, I have been playing with the cart it came with and am very pleased with it. I have just purchased Damask decor original cart and my machine does not recognize it it says to go to the PC website but I can't find any info HELP!!
    You need to Circut Sync your Imagine to update it. It should then recognise any recent cartridges.
    There is a lot of help on the provocraft community forum regarding this.
    Ani

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug View Post
    I was thinking about asking the DH to buy me SCAL for christmas this year, but have just noticed that the version 3 (the only one you can now download) no longer supports Cricut is there another programme anyone can recommend that works like SCAL?
    thansk for your help
    No there isn't I'm afraid. Provocraft put paid to both SCAL & MTC some months ago when they sued both companies. It's carts only from now on for the people that didn't have it before the lawsuit.
    Gwyneth

Blog

getting busy with the digi!! faerie's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thank you Ani have sorted it out now. The part on the website was down during the day but miraculously appeared when DH looked!!!
    x Julia