Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

On a steep learning curve! jjjj's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Get Outline In Robomaster - Is it in Studio?

I use Studio most of the time now for designing and am finding my way around it quite well - but - I cannot find a 'get outline' that I use a lot when in Robomaster. I miss this and now open RM get the outline save and open in Studio to continue the design. Is there a 'get outline' in Studio, does anyone know please?

This is a bit of a ramble, I do hope you understand what I am asking.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    There's a trace function, it's the fifth button from the right on the top of the toolbar

On a steep learning curve! jjjj's Avatar
    View Gallery

Thank you Doreen. I'll try it later. I just knew I would be pointed in the right direction. I have sort of scanned the manual, but nothing lept off the page, so many thanks once again.
    When it's a question of crafting and designing for crafting or reading a manual.... guess which wins.

Couldn't wait to try this out. I have found the button and used it already. It does just what I wanted it to do. No more opening RM etc. Thank you so much.
    Last edited by jjjj; 02-03-2011 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Added to message.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    You're welcome, I don't think anyone likes reading instructions if they can help it

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

I've been trying with this and cannot get it to work for me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong to any advice on this would be welcome.

I click on the get outline button, then there's a box which says 'select' or something, I click this and put a bounding box around the image, but it all goes yellow and when I click to trace, I get all little bits, not a true outline.

I know its me, but I don't know how to fix it, any ideas anyone?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuschia View Post
    I've been trying with this and cannot get it to work for me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong to any advice on this would be welcome.

I click on the get outline button, then there's a box which says 'select' or something, I click this and put a bounding box around the image, but it all goes yellow and when I click to trace, I get all little bits, not a true outline.

I know its me, but I don't know how to fix it, any ideas anyone?
    http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...4&postcount=15
    Fuschia I hope this link works this is what Gemsmember has said. HTH
    Grace I'm getting there, 1 step at a time

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    I have this morning passed a few problems their way Anne. I can't seem to get a proper outline without having a second frame inside too.. which is I delete I lose half the design.

Every dxf file I have put in has not responded.. and this was also stated to me yesterday by email by a customer.. I am now cutting from robomaster and I can't access studio at the same time which is another problem I have encountered.. it states not responding and then promptly closes...
    Tina craft robo

View Gallery

Oh dear Tina, this must be trying your patience to the limit.

View Gallery

Just a little Grace to be honest...
    Tina craft robo

View Gallery

Thanks Grace, I've taken a look and unfortunately it doesn't help, I'm doing that already but cannot get a good outline. Appreciate you taking the trouble to find the link for me.

That's what happens to mine Tina - the double lines or just bits all over.

I'm trying to give this software a chance and get to know it, I will not be beaten,

View Gallery

Ok what I have done now is offered the png we save by exporting? traced that way make trace slider go up as far as you can You still have a frame bit well Mine does then I went break combined path which breaks it up so you can delete what you don't want.. then I selected again and made combined path

I have now traced successfully and deleted what I don't want... not like where you ungroup that's not available.. I a, presuming there is a quicker way and I will find it but I am getting there now..
    Tina craft robo

View Gallery

Ok, put in the png, clicked 'select Trace Area', put bounding box around image (I was doing the lattice section that I just put in the templates, so fairly intricate), put 'high pass filter slider' to 12.50, threshold to 60 percent.

Got a trace, but with boxes around outer edge which doesn't matter too much as these can be deleted. Then I right clicked and chose 'release compound path' deleted the outer boxes and then made compound path again (no idea what compound path means yet, but will find out sooner or later, lol.

View Gallery

Yeah that's it Anne but my design now doesn't meet up as it should the scallops and the circles are out a few mils..
    Tina craft robo

View Gallery

I'll email you this PNG, see if this one works with yours, cos it did ok with mine.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Fuschia View Post
    Thanks Grace, I've taken a look and unfortunately it doesn't help, I'm doing that already but cannot get a good outline. Appreciate you taking the trouble to find the link for me.

That's what happens to mine Tina - the double lines or just bits all over.

I'm trying to give this software a chance and get to know it, I will not be beaten,
    So sorry it didn't help Anne, it makes a change me trying to help you Anne, it's usually the other way round