Stash Curator

by Mary Buttons

Hollywood beach

by scrapdolly

Friday 5

by RED HEAD

Friday 5

by elainevking

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Other Scrapping > Altered Art > Art Journals

Notices

ATDML banner

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (34)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    ditto
    and then only what can be seen!
    Matchbox Swap

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    my dh isn't fussed... i just set high standards for myself... that said.. i don't dust nor do iron - life is just too short

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Quote Originally Posted by irboo View Post
    Hee-hee 'nuther one here who's quite happy to put housework 2ndmy Hubby never notices,as long as his dinner's on the table and he has clean clothes he's happyand my motto is...."Dust comes back,time doesn't!"
    Oooooo envy you the Dyan/Dina Wakely w/end,was just getting very close to pressing the buy button when it sold out maybe some other time.
    Mmmmmmmm still a bit unsure on the online course
    I have done online courses with Dina. They are very good. You can find them here: http://www.mcssl.com/store/debbiehodge/art-journaling

And there's this in Derbyshire if anyone is interested: http://www.creativejourneyworkshops....tember-9-p.asp

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by hopberni View Post
    I have done online courses with Dina. They are very good. You can find them here: http://www.mcssl.com/store/debbiehodge/art-journaling

And there's this in Derbyshire if anyone is interested: http://www.creativejourneyworkshops....tember-9-p.asp
    Dina's online courses are very good.. I second the recommendation!

The Derbyshire course looks good...wonder if I can persuade dh.... tis just after my birthday... mhh.. possible gift?!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (34)
    Just had a peek at your blog Bernice,some fab work going on thereXX
    Matchbox Swap

One day I'll be living the dream...
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Afternoon all.

Blimey there's been some chatting in here!! I'm having difficulty keeping up.

Oooh, there are so many lovely courses out there aren't there. I do here you though Sarah with not wanting to be influenced or wondering what they can teach you. I find I get reminded of things though and being able to go to a workshop is just plain old fun. I do feel guilty about the cost of all these things though. AFTH has done well out of me so far this year as I shop when I go as well and that's usually half the cost of the weekend...eek. But I get a lot from it for my own sanity, being stuck at home with two small kids..... drives me nuts. I feel like I come up for air when I sit down and do a course be it online or other.

I'm also extremely comforted by the lack of housework you guys do!

From next week I get an extra day a week to myself as we've extended DD's hours at nursery. Well, she starts school in Spetember so she needs to get use to it Need to clear my desk ready for it. 9am - 3pm playing with paint! yay.

Unable to read a book without altering it.. Miss Lemon's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hello all. I am loving everyone's comments about levels of housework; I've got a nice warm feeling of solidarity here! I keep the place reasonably presentable, and that's good enough for me. Hubs always says 'it's fine', even when I think it needs doing. I'd much rather be doing something creative.

I've never done an online course either, Flo. Similar to you, I'm not keen on doing a set task, and also not keen on emulating someone else's style. Also, there are a lot of products I can't use (anything oil-based or alcohol-based, and I don't use any sprays either) so I have to figure out my own ways to improvise without using any of that stuff. I pick up technique tips from Youtube clips and from books, or I just experiment.

I did enrol in a watercolour class at my local adult ed college, but it was really boring (boats and endless landscapes) so I lost interest.

I've had a good tidy up in my work area, so I'm going to try and work on some pages over the next couple of days.
    Claudia

I have 2 blogs now: one for Arty Stuff... and one just for Cards

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    I've never done one of those online courses.... or an offline course for that matter.... part of that is because I'm a stubborn so and so who doesn't like being told what to do.....There's also this worry that I don't want to be too influenced by someone else's specific style, as I'm still scrabbling around trying to find my own...
    Hmmm, I think you might miss out on some good experiences if you think you won't/can't learn something new. I've never seen an online instructor who says you MUST do something a certain way. In fact, mostly they encourage you to experiment but they give you the confidence and inspiration for it.

Taking an online course is very similar to watching a YouTube video, but with the added benefits (usually) of PDFs, tip sheets, some direct communication via email or forums with the instructor and other class participants. I can always learn something, even it's learning what I don't like! Most of the time, I learn some neat little shortcuts and/or tips to do something I've already seen but they make it easier or better.

Guess it's 'different strokes for different folks' as they say!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (54)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneH View Post
    Hmmm, I think you might miss out on some good experiences if you think you won't/can't learn something new.
    I'm quite sure you're right.... I think my main problem is that I'm pretty poor in both time and cash and am strongly resisting spending my precious reserves of either....

but as I said before, it would be horribly arrogant of me to think that I couldn't be taught anything new, of course I could, but I guess I'm happy for the moment bumbling along with what I DO already know - I already have way more ideas of things I want to experiment with than I have time to actually try them....

Aarrgggh, its so frustrating being stuck at work I can think about playing in my journal, and I can talk to you guys about it (hence my long rambling weekday posts on here!), but where I really want to be is at home DOING it
    Blog (warning, here be spoilers!) / Art Journals / Be-Stitched CJ

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    Can I just ask when doing the she art course did you have any trouble sourcing any of the materials?
    I have signed up for April course... I have most stuff on the basic list but need more paint as I am running out and I haven't found the pen on her list yet so going to make do with what I have.

Everything else is not essential, I have some stuff and not others. I do want to get a brayer and I haven't as yet been able to get hold of any sequin waste (looks fun!).

Nothing seems to be essential but a suggested list of basics and then see what you think of the rest/use what you have.

Can anyone recommend any paints? - need to be well priced. The shop I got mine from has closed down so will have to buy online now.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (54)
    I have a pile of sequin waste, drop me a pm with your addy and I'll stick some in the post to you....

Quote Originally Posted by becslb View Post
    Everything else is not essential, I have some stuff and not others. I do want to get a brayer and I haven't as yet been able to get hold of any sequin waste (looks fun!)
    Blog (warning, here be spoilers!) / Art Journals / Be-Stitched CJ

Obsessive maker of arty stuff Zullybelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)
    This thread has been automatically closed.

You will find the new thread created by clicking HERE.

+ Post New Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617