Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

"Bargain(?)" replacement blades

Hello All - I need a new blade for my Robo - had the old one yonks and think it has simply worn down in depth now. I have seen a person advertising on a well known auction/selling site. She is offering 3 (blades only, not the housings) for about £17. This works out at about half the price. When I looked at the feedback she appears to have sold dozens of them. Has anyone tried such a thing? If so, what is your opinion please. Good value - or don't waste your time?
    Hope it's ok to ask such a thing on this site.

Thanks in advance - Yiayia

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    If it's the same person I bought from I know some of the other members bought them but I wasn't very impressed,or maybe the one I tried was faulty

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    They are second hand made if you know what I mean...Not by the company who make the machines.. a copied item..so not the same material/metal that's used for our blades now.. Graphtec also sell just the blade pins now
    Tina craft robo

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by silverst170 View Post
    They are second hand made if you know what I mean...Not by the company who make the machines.. a copied item..so not the same material/metal that's used for our blades now.. Graphtec also sell just the blade pins now
    That must be why mine wasn't up to much then Tina

View Gallery

No Doreen all copied stuff is not the same.. maybe cheap but in the long run not cheap you have to buy twice as many..

A quick buck I think is what they call it..
    Tina craft robo

View Gallery

I guess the saying "if it looks too good to be true it probably is" comes to mind

CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

Thanks ladies

Hi - The first few comments are from what I term "highly respected" members of this forum - and I am more than happy to take their advice/comments on board. I did kind of suspect that it might be a case of quantity over quality, but on the other hand didn't want to miss out on a bargain if one was to be had.
    So - I will be on the phone to my supplier on Monday and get the real deal. When I think how long the old blades have lasted (I use them a heck of a lot) I guess they don't work out expensive at all really.

Once again - many thanks ladies. Yiayia

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by yiayia View Post
    Hi - The first few comments are from what I term "highly respected" members of this forum - and I am more than happy to take their advice/comments on board. I did kind of suspect that it might be a case of quantity over quality, but on the other hand didn't want to miss out on a bargain if one was to be had.
    So - I will be on the phone to my supplier on Monday and get the real deal. When I think how long the old blades have lasted (I use them a heck of a lot) I guess they don't work out expensive at all really.

Once again - many thanks ladies. Yiayia
    Your very welcome Yiayia

It's not right people lead other's to believe that these are genuine.. and you can purchase the blade pins now from graphtec direct.. Hope you get sorted
    Tina craft robo

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I am glad you asked this question coz i will now steer clear of any offers like that and stick with the real thing

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    I was interested to read this thread - I use these blades and have not had a problem with them. I am still using the first one and have cut numerous items with it. I use quite a fibrous card too.

The ads do not mislead because they don't say they are genuine, just that they can be used in certain brand cutting machines.

I know the use of these could invalidate the warranty, but as my machine is well out of its warranty anyway, that isn't a problem for me.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I too bought blades from the same place as Doreen and was very disappointed with the quality of the cut I got - I would not buy from there again.
    I have bought just the blade pin from Graphtec but have not tried it yet - hopefully it will be a big improvement. It probably is a case of you get what you pay for!
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    It will be interesting to see how you get on with the graphtec one - it should be OK, but as I said previously - my replacement blades cut fine, no problems at all, so I can only speak from my personal experience and would have no hesitation in buying them again

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    when I was checking out blades on the famous e... site, there were 2 different people selling a pack of 3 blades, so maybe they were different people, because like Gemsmember the one I have used so far has given me no bother at all, I must admit though, I do usually buy from graphtec, this was just to see if there was any difference in the blades, and so far I can't see any.
    Last edited by cattiegracie; 26-02-2011 at 04:17 PM. Reason: put in wrong persons name
    Grace I'm getting there, 1 step at a time

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (19)
    I have also bought from the site in question, from a seller who sells them at 9.50 each. I have had terrific use from them and they have lasted a long time and I would buy from again perhaps they are different grades? I know I am very happy with the ones I buy.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Sally50 View Post
    I have also bought from the site in question, from a seller who sells them at 9.50 each. I have had terrific use from them and they have lasted a long time and I would buy from again perhaps they are different grades? I know I am very happy with the ones I buy.

9.50 each is a bit different to 14.00 for 3 which is what they were selling for not on the site your talking about but from the auction site,, even if you purchased from US they would be more than 14.00 for 3 blade spindles as I used them myself.. and purchased from the states.. and yes I was happy with them but I wouldn't purchase especiallycheap blades..
    Tina craft robo