Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Best place to buy the Silhouette

Hi,

I have just joined the Forum and am looking to buy the Craft Robo Silhouette, but I wonder if anyone could suggest the best place to buy. I was going to go to Create & Craft, but they are not selling it at the moment, they seem to be concentrating on Cricut.

I have seen a couple of places on Ebay who say they are "official distributers", but a little bit of advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am really "dithering" about this - it is my Christmas present from OH, but at the rate I am going it is going to be my birthday present!

Hope you can help.

Carole-cross-stitch

View Gallery

Hi Carole, I would actually recommend using Graphtec to get your robo, they have brilliant customer service and always on the end of the phone to help out( I needed Brians help earlier in the week) and no matter how silly you think your question may be, they're always there to help ( or is it only me that has silly questions lol )
    Happy shopping and when you get your Robbie, you will wonder how you managed without it
    Chrissy x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Hi welcome to the forum Carol. I agree with Chrissy and if you don't need it to be able to do print and cut they have a few b grade machines at a good price here

View Gallery

Hi Carol welcome to UKScrappers. You can post in the Shop Til You Drop forum there are sponsors of UKS that sell them and they might have some deals you might like, but don't forget when making you choice to take into account the cost of P&P, that can vary a lot where as the price of the machines might not.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi i just got my Robo lite from Graphtec
    I got a B Grade one and it is absolutely fine nothing wrong with it what so ever and it was cheaper because it was a B grade
    I placed my order in the morning and it arrived next day
    I am loving it

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks for all your advice - well I have done it

Decided to go to Graphtec and bought the Silhoutte, plus the starter pack and an SD card.

So expect lots of questions from me.

I emailed Graphtec last week to ask when they would be back on C&C but he (Brian) said it would be towards the end of the year, and advised me to download the Silhoutte software so I could have a look before I bought the cutter and he advised me not to buy the Design Master software until I have mastered the silhoutte.

So, watch this space!!

Thanks again

Carole-Cross-stitch

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

Well done Carole, I'm sure you won't be dissapointed. Welcome to the forum.

Dedicated Scrapper phoenix rising's Avatar
    View Gallery

Saw a friend jjjj using Silhouette software today, I'm so keen to get one now, I had a cricut with DS but have to replace it ( it got fried in our fire ) . Great to read all advice about best place to buy. Can't wait.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix rising View Post
    Saw a friend jjjj using Silhouette software today, I'm so keen to get one now, I had a cricut with DS but have to replace it ( it got fried in our fire ) . Great to read all advice about best place to buy. Can't wait.
    You can post in the Shop til You Drop forum to find out which sponsors sell them and what if any deals they are offering at the moment, watch out for the P&P though, or you can buy direct from GraphectUK.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Well, I am really pleased with my silhouette - have had it just over a week. I have made quite a few mistakes, but I am determined to get there in the end. I have downloaded lots of the free templates and hopefully I will be able to make my own soon

I am a bit confused about which carrier sheet to use and not sure about which medium to use in the settings - they don't seem to quote grams for weight of the card stock and also the speed and thickness etc. Any advice would be useful

Carole cross-stitch

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Cross-stitch View Post
    Well, I am really pleased with my silhouette - have had it just over a week. I have made quite a few mistakes, but I am determined to get there in the end. I have downloaded lots of the free templates and hopefully I will be able to make my own soon

I am a bit confused about which carrier sheet to use and not sure about which medium to use in the settings - they don't seem to quote grams for weight of the card stock and also the speed and thickness etc. Any advice would be useful

Carole cross-stitch
    Do test cuts of anything you use regularly and don't use the default test cut which is only straight lines, use a letter from a nice curly font like Black Rose and use that as a test cut.

When I tested all my card I started with what ever on the list best fit the visual description of my card and adjusted the setting from that, usually it's card without backing, I haven't even looked at the Studio list yet.

Once the settings for X card cuts cleanly with out hacking up the carrier sheet add it to the media list.

If you find a brand of card or paper that works for you stick with it and if you see some card you haven't cut before, only buy 1 sheet before committing to buying the box because it's cheap or looks nice on the surface.