Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)

album categories!!

Hi everyone i am just sorting out my layouts and trying to put them into more of an order but i've come to muddle!!!
    how do you all sort out your layouts? i have 2 children who each have there own album but i'm not sure what to do from here. joint album? family album? christmas album? holiday album the choice is massive!

please help and tell me how you sort out your pages!!
    many thanks Jo

Normal? No, I'm just me stillcrafting's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Mine aren't in albums as I've yet to make them, but I store mine them in categories all the same. When I do make my albums there'll be:

BOM (book of me)
    My immediate family (mum, dad, grandparents, sisters and their families)
    One for each holiday if I have lots of photos for it and a mixed holiday one for others
    Days out
    Nature
    One for each of my nephews and my niece plus their new addition due in June and I'm also going to have a joint one for photos of them together
    Weddings (other people's)
    My wedding/divorce not sure how I'm gonna do that one though)
    My homes
    Friends
    Other family
    Christmas and other special occasions

and so the list goes on. I've got a lot of 12x12 albums to make!
    Last edited by stillcrafting; 01-02-2011 at 06:08 PM.
    Love, Sarah xoxo

RIP Shaun my beautiful golden brother, always in my heart 10/01/79 - 02/09/03 FAYESY's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    So far I have mixed albums - apart for the ones for my brothers memory - I have one album on Shaun & my folks have 1.

I do intend to sort the LOs into holidays, wedding, pets, family. Just got to get around to doing it - plus the BOM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Mine are in date order apart from my wedding, that has its own album.

Smile and the world smiles with you, cry and you cry alone. lruk's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I use Stacy Julian's Library of Memories system so I have 4 main categories - People We Love, Things We Do, Places We Go and All About Us. Within these I have various sub categories.
    Linda

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Ooh, some interesting ideas here.

I've got at least one for each of my children, as I reckon the poor things will have enough on their plate when I pop my clogs, and if nothing else they can take those ones and run!

Particularly memorable holidays - which means the ones with sooooooooooo many photos I can't choose, lol - have their own album. Four so far, and another one waiting, which I'm going to do at 8x8. Holidays are my absolute favourite thing to scrap.

I also love doing old black and white photos, so I'm up to three 'heritage' albums so far, and because my DD takes so many photos of herself which I nick off Facebook, she's got three!

Then everything else is divided into years. This works for me because there are some years from which I have lots of photos. Where there are fewer photos I've just done 84-89 for example. It also means that I've got a 2011 album on the go already, so I can just slot LOs in as I finish them which means less sorting out later.

I actually think that the most important thing is to get them into the albums, I went out and bought loads in the TKMaxx sale because I was fed up with all the pizza boxes and no-one was looking at them.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    I do family holiday albums, one for each year and will be working on previous holiday's photos.
    Albums of dd from birth and the same for ds.
    Family gatherings
    Old family photos, mine seperated from dh's
    I have bought an album for Christmas so thought I would do a page per year so I can see how my children have changed each year.
    I have also done 6x6 albums of pets and other family/friends
    I plan to do one of the time we spent abroad, although that may be quite a few albums as there is so much to tell.
    Last edited by Syl; 01-02-2011 at 08:29 PM.
    Sylvia

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings we continue to fly...on our broomsticks

Tunny-Farr, a Maori word for a mythical beastie thing. Taniwha's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I don't have kids so my albums are all about me lol! I have:
    Me
    Friends
    Family
    Holidays
    Cat
    and randoms, for ones about NZ or stuff that doesn't fit the other the themes.
    I also have a separate album for class LO's I've taught or DT stuff cause they're usually repeat photo LO's cause I have a lack of photos so I re-use!
    ~~Rachel~~

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys and memory keeper/scrapbooker Mrs Cheshire's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    I've currently got 1 filled and 1 part filled of DS
    1 of me and me and partner/hubby
    1 of random layouts
    1 christmas' ( when I started scrapping I did 1 layout of opening presents and 1 of work's night out) will carry on the same now even though we've got a child soon to be 2 but will include layouts of just our son in his own album I think

Am going to do a special one of our wedding
    Need to sort them so that they are somewhere where they are easy to access for other people to look at
    Dawn
    Team Leader My Blog
    July Points Slo7, DLO, Weekly Challenges wk1= wk2= wk3= wk4= Hc= Mini books= Total

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    I started scrapping in 2001 so the albums since then are all in date order, 5 or 6 of those so far. I have an album each for my three kids, 1 for my DH, I have done 2 so far for my mum with all her photos, 5 mini ones for my siblings another for one of my nieces 21st Birthday. A wedding one for me and DH, doing our Honeymoon one at the mo (its only 23 years late, the album not the Honeymoon). An album when DH and I went to Scotland for a week just after we got engaged, another for last years trip to Norfolk. One for LO's that I cant put into any catagory, 1 for when I was slimming, 1 for me but its not a BOM. I also have a few others on the go from holidays taken before 2001. I have so may photos I will need years and years just to scrap those never mind the future photos lol

Procrastinating Scrapper... Weaselwise's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (46)
    I started sorting my layouts into categories recently too, sometimes its hard to work out which category a Lo goes into (so they have stayed in the pizza box lol) but so far I have:

pics of me
    pets
    Mum and Dad
    rest of family
    friends
    travel (with separate albums for Poland and USA)
    general

I did consider doing a specific album for LO's done during cybercrops, with the class sheet on one side and the resulting LO on the other, but decided that was too much fiddle, so put the LO's into their categories.
    ...Weasel AKA Suzie...
    Wise Weasel Witterings ... Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    ooh I have so many.
    One for each of the kids when they were little and another each now they are grown up.
    Each of the 3 horses have their own as do the dogs and other pets over the years are all in one.
    Each branch of the family tree has its own
    Major holidays have one each and days out have another
    Wedding album
    BOM (book of me)
    Then I have others that are a mixture of things such as other members of the family, friends etc
    Also if I do challenges like SLYMI or 52in10 they have an album each.
    My house has it's own album and my garden has a seperate one.
    I am going to a school reunion this year so an doing one for that too
    I have also done 'heritage' albums for the 2 thoroughbred horses we have so they are seperate albums.

I'm sure there are more but can't think at the moment - I think really it depends what you scrap

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Not quite an answer but I have several albums and O got fed up of feeling that I had to concentrate on one at a time so I have an ONGOING one which I put current layouts in until there is enough to start another album. My children each have several of them in chronological order as does my grandchild (soon to be grandchildren OMG). I have several of holidays. A one of my ancestors and one of where I live so I scrap the lifeboat and snowy scenes etc. My hubby and I each have albums listed chronologically too. Oh, and a chronological Christmas one with random Xmas photos

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Forgot wedding album of us, our 25th and daughters wedding album

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (89)
    I used to keep separate albums, one for family, one for each of the kids, one for the dog etc but now I tend to have a year album and the layouts go in there using photos taken that year,.