Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Sorry bit thick today...If I open my converted dfx files in ss and save them they will cut better ??....can robo open ss files or do you need the ss program loaded?? I just want to get it right for the freebies
    I NEED everything.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krewella View Post
    Sorry bit thick today...If I open my converted dfx files in ss and save them they will cut better ??....can robo open ss files or do you need the ss program loaded?? I just want to get it right for the freebies
    I haven't cut a dxf with SS only a GSD so cant help on that score sorry. No Robo doesn't open SS files you would need the SS installed

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Krewella, the way I have tried it is, drag and drop a DFX file into SS and it cuts great, load the same file into RM and it take a lot longer to cut and is juddery.
    HTH
    Grace I'm getting there, 1 step at a time

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Great help, thanks

Comp is taking an age to install SS but I've spent a while watching some Youtube videos.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Annette25 View Post
    Great help, thanks

Comp is taking an age to install SS but I've spent a while watching some Youtube videos.
    SS is worth the wait

View Gallery

Now installed, but it is very slow and jerky. Is that just my computer struggling to cope?
    Another thing I've noticed is that the cutting area bordered with the red line is positioned in the centre of the cutting mat and is virtually all of the width of A4, whereas with RM , there is a wider bit at the top of the mat as you look at in landscape that doesn't cut. Does SS allow you to cut wider than before?

View Gallery

Just catching up on the CR forum and boy, what a lot has been going on. I've been looking at quite a few of the threads here regarding SS and I'm away to download it now. In this thread, when you are saying converted files cut better, what do you mean? What is converted to what? GSD to SS format?
    Nothing is actually converted unless you save the file again in Studio. The files that cut badly, slow, juddery are DXF files that are created in other software eg. Inkscape, Illustrator etc as Mary says.

If you drag and drop your GSD files into Studio you can cut them, you can also save the file in the .studio file format, but if you do that bear in mind that they can only be opened and cut from Studio, it isn't possible to convert them to anything else as we have been doing with the GSD files, so you might want to consider keeping you GSD's as GSD's for the future, once they are gone, they are gone.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

Now installed, but it is very slow and jerky. Is that just my computer struggling to cope?
    Another thing I've noticed is that the cutting area bordered with the red line is positioned in the centre of the cutting mat and is virtually all of the width of A4, whereas with RM , there is a wider bit at the top of the mat as you look at in landscape that doesn't cut. Does SS allow you to cut wider than before?
    At the very bottom of the screen on the right are the cutting mat options you need to select A4

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    At the very bottom of the screen on the right are the cutting mat options you need to select A4
    Hi Doreen. I have A4 selected, but have noticed that the red cutting area appears to be different in SS, looking both longer and wider, so I wondered if SS allows you to cut longer and wider using the original CR cutting mat.

Another question about SS...I can't see a set origin option which I used a lot for cutting on small scraps. is there a way of doing that?

View Gallery

Hi Doreen. I have A4 selected, but have noticed that the red cutting area appears to be different in SS, looking both longer and wider, so I wondered if SS allows you to cut longer and wider using the original CR cutting mat.

Hi I don't think it does but maybe someone else can say for sure

Another question about SS...I can't see a set origin option which I used a lot for cutting on small scraps. is there a way of doing that?
    Not sure it has one, anyone else know please?

View Gallery

Oh have you ever had one of those days when no matter how much you read something it wont go in....Ok question if I open the dfx and then save it as a gsd does it still go juddery or is it only if you try and cut straight from the dfx....Sorry I got a new lamp today and I think all the light is confusing the brain...
    I NEED everything.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    Not sure it has one, anyone else know please?
    I could be wrong but I'm sure I read on another forum it hasn't got a set origin option, I couldn't do without it.

Krewella - if I was you I wouldn't even load a DXF into Studio, I go through RM and save as a GSD.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Krewella View Post
    Oh have you ever had one of those days when no matter how much you read something it wont go in....Ok question if I open the dfx and then save it as a gsd does it still go juddery or is it only if you try and cut straight from the dfx....Sorry I got a new lamp today and I think all the light is confusing the brain...
    In my opinion it doesn't matter whether it is a dfx or saved as a gsd, it is the fact it was a dfx that makes it juddery.
    If I am wrong I'm sure someone will be along soon.

View Gallery

Aaaargh. I can see there is a very steep learning curve with this program, for me at least! I have put the pen in the holder and am trying to cut a really simple file of a rectangle and it won't cut at all. No error message, and it says silhouette ready. If I click on test cut, it draws the test triangle symbol, so I know the comp and CR are communicating. I've checked the cut settings and it is set to cut.

View Gallery

Aaaargh. I can see there is a very steep learning curve with this program, for me at least! I have put the pen in the holder and am trying to cut a really simple file of a rectangle and it won't cut at all. No error message, and it says silhouette ready. If I click on test cut, it draws the test triangle symbol, so I know the comp and CR are communicating. I've checked the cut settings and it is set to cut.
    Annette can you do a step by step of what your doing, one of us might spot what the problem is
    What file format is it, and which of the softwares are you using to open the design is it Robomaster or Studio
    What are you cut line settings set at etc
    June