Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

storing cards - flat or upright?

Hi, I have made a few extra christmas cards and have place them into cards bags but was wondering which is the best way to store them until next year? in piles stacked on top of one another or upright in rows? They are decoupage so want to try and avoid the cards bending. any help would be great. thanks

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    I store all my cards upright but make sure you have something to make them stay upright in the box rather than slip down if you know what I mean, especially if the box isn't full. I normall wedge a piece of tight fitting cardboard at the front and move it along as the box fills up.
    Gwyneth

Blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

thanks I was thinking upright might be the best way to go and I understand what you mean about the card!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have my cards stored in the very strong boxes that dog food pouches come in. They are perfect for storing a batch of cards as they quite tall to provide support but are not big enough to allow the cards to slip down and get bent. Also the size means that you can easily have boxes for birthdays, Christmas, babies etc.

They are not very attractive it is true - but they are cheap and serviceable! I promise myself that 'one day' I will paint or cover them - but it hasn't arrived yet!

I now feed my dog 'BARF' so no longer have a supply of these boxes. Which is a pain for my storage solutions, but better for the dog!

(BARF stands for either 'Biologically Appropriate Raw Food' or 'Bones And Raw Food' - just in case you were wondering)

View Gallery

I store mine in a shoe box to be honest so they are flat, but they do not stay in there long enough to sustain any damage. I make enough to fill a box and then give them to my MIL who sells them to raise money for her charity.

View Gallery

I keep my spare cards in an old ring binder (it's actually my old RE folder from highschool >_< ) I put them in dfferent punch pockets, depending on what theme they are, put them in the folder and store it upright on my folder shelf. Keeps my 3D 3D and all cards with a corresponding envelope

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I think if they are ones with lots of embellishments, a bow or lots of layers probably would be best to store them upright seeing as they are going to be sitting for quite a while that way they won't get squashed.

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I store them all upright in cellophane bags in a basket so I can easily flip through what I have. I am going to have to find a new solution for my christmas cards as the box file I used to use is already full. Buuut I do have a large RUB box doing nothing that can now be put to good use.

~ Natty ~