Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

cuttlebug embossing

hi can anyone tell me how to emboss a piece of card that is bigger than the embossing folder because everytime i have tried i get a line down the middle which is the line on the edge of the embossing folder i need to emboss a piece of card for a bookatrix card thanx

There is no better creative artist than Mother Nature. winterstar18's Avatar
    The planet earth physically but mentally the planet paper crafts!
    View Gallery

Sorry can't help as I have the same problem so am going to lurk to see what the answer is lol!

View Gallery

I think I saw a youtube tutorial for this about a year ago. It involved using a strip of card where the line would appear though maybe thin foam would be better. Can't be of more help as I never bothered to try it myself.

Sara

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

What I have done in the past is to turn the swiss dots folder round so it embosses the width. Obviously it doesn't emboss to the bottom of the card though. Then emboss the bottom of the card widthways. You will land up with a blank strip across between the two bits you have embossed; you can change the deptyh of this by how much you emboss above or below it.

This blank bit is ideal for:

Putting a piece of ribbon across it.
    Putting a greeting in it
    Score a line top and bottom before putting a score line or a greeting.
    Putting some ribbon across and then mounting an image or nesties label with a greeting or picture etc.

Embossing all the card does not work very well unless it is a repeating pattern so you can line up the second bit of embossing. Sometimes the edge of the folder then flattens some of the first embossed bit. Turn your card over and with an embossing tool just manually help push the embossed bits back into place; this works for swiss dots, not tried it with anything else.

Liz

Hope this gives you some ideas.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I've seen this sort of longer embossing demonstrated by placing the end of the embossing folder and extra card so that they hang over the edge of the embossing plates, which means there's no pressure on the edge when they roll through the machine. I've not actually tried it but perhaps you could use it as a starting point?

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."