Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

I grew back ... like a starfish. Kitty Crafts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (99)

'Special'present help needed

Hi everyone ...sorry if I ramble a bit.

I know it is early to be thinking of school ending ! BUT ... I need help with a really special gift for my daughter's teacher.

When my son (now 21) started Juniors, she was his 1st teacher (and also her 1st job) my daughter starts Secondary school in September and her teacher last year was this same person. She really helped my daughter (gain more confidence etc) and was a really good teacher to all the class ... she loved her class so much that she asked to have them again for their final year (Year 6) which is what my daughter is in now.

So I think it is quite poignant that my son's 1st teacher is also my daughter's last teacher and I want a really special gift for her but I am stumped. I have made crafty things for her before (ie Accordian book of teacher quotes, exploding box etc) and she seems to like them (I think) so I want to do a project that will take some time and if I start early enough, I will have enough time to buy any extra things I may need that I don't have already.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Karen x
    Christmas Stocking Swap *** ATCoin Swap

Blog Thingy

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Some sort of collage with the names of all the children in DS and DD's class? Do you embroider? Jude.x

Plant smiles, grow laughter, harvest love... dancingqueen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Could you ask other parents to write letters for her or for her colleagues to tell a few stories of her time at the school/about the school in general? Then you could make an album out of them? It'd be a lovely thing for her to look back on in years to come.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Do you have many photos taken both when your son was in her class and now? You could then make a book showing how things have changed in the time she has been teaching. Maybe try and find out what some of the original members of her class are now doing, and what the current ones hope to be doing in years to come. Or, get each member of her current class to write a nice letter to her and put them together in a book. I think it is a lovely idea to make something for this lovely teacher.

I grew back ... like a starfish. Kitty Crafts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (99)
    Some lovely ideas ladies - and now my mind is working overtime
    Christmas Stocking Swap *** ATCoin Swap

Blog Thingy

Plant smiles, grow laughter, harvest love... dancingqueen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Ooh great idea Sue about asking the children to write her something!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    An exploding box, I made one for a very special teacher, and it takes pride of place on her mantlepiece, and is still there a year on, she says she looks at it every day and visitors are always asking what it is!

View Gallery

When I left one school I had taught at for a while, one of my classes gave me a little notebook that they had decorated and filled with messages for me. To say it blew me away would be an understatement. I see these students now and they are 18 years old. I still have it 5 years on and think I always will. I keep it in a keepsake box with old photos, cards, etc.