Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Themed Cards > Stash Central

Notices

Thread: scoring boards

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

scoring boards

Has anyone got one [or more] of these - silly question! Which one to buy? Scor Pal, Hougie Board, Martha Stewart, Scor it ??? in Imperial or Metric........ would appreciate your experience please.
    Craftytart
    married to Ee'or..... Ee or'ways sounds like that!

Nutter Extraordinaire!! scrappydiva's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I don't know about any of the others but I saw the Hougie Board at the SECC in October and it looked great. The really brilliant thing is that it has Imperial on one side and Metric on the other so you don't need to get two... or make do with one! Unfortunately I was at the SECC to work so I didn't get a chance to buy one for myself. I'm regretting it now that I'm trying to get Christmas cards done.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (42)
    Yep got the Hougie I love it.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Hi,

I've got a Score-It board and it is fab. I've had mine for years and it still gives accurate and precise measurements.

The difference with the Scor It is that it creates the crease by scoring along a piece of metal with a wooden tool and it creates a very prefiessional finish. Just like you get on pre folded cards.

You can see what I mean here.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by moypoy View Post
    Hi,

I've got a Score-It board and it is fab. I've had mine for years and it still gives accurate and precise measurements.

The difference with the Scor It is that it creates the crease by scoring along a piece of metal with a wooden tool and it creates a very prefiessional finish. Just like you get on pre folded cards.

You can see what I mean here.

Yes I totally agree with this. The "score it" does give a much better score and is much sturdier than some of the plastic ones that are about and has a non slip sort of rubber mat as a base.You have much more control on where you want to score too as the lines are not pre determined for you in certain measurements. Mine's an imperial one but I also bought the slide on ruler with the metric sizing, so got the best of both worlds.
    Gwyneth

Blog

View Gallery

I love my Score-it too. Does the hinge fold like in wedding invitations. I recently bought a Martha Stewart score board and it's an amazing board too. I love it for all the score lines. There is a line every 1/8 inch. You can do fancy folds and embossing techniques. The score line gives a nice crisp fold. You can also do envies. There is a conversion ruler that comes with it too.

View Gallery

hi
    I have the mini-scor it. the hougie board and imperial and metric score pal and the older crafters companion.
    the hougie board is good if you are not a card maker didn't like it that there is nowhere to store the scor tool.
    The crafters companion is good for boxes and some embossing but the score line is quite thick.
    not to keen on the mini-scor it.
    Can't comment on the martha stewart as I haven't seen one.
    the scor-pal is my favourite. I use the imperial one for all my templates that are american and anything that is in inches.
    the metric one has markings on for card sizes which is a bonus for card makers.
    there is a place for holding the scor tool and the scor lines are nice and crisp.
    there is even a cutting board that fits on top of the board. (these are on my ever increasing craft santa list)
    hope this info was useful.
    shirley

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I have the Martha Stewart scoreboard which I find is great. Because the lines are 1/8" apart you can score any in any size you wish. The evelope scorer fits underneath at the back which is really neat.

Swaps=Handmade Card Swap

I've got Hougie and attach scoring tool woth a length of elastic. Great to have inches and metric.
    hugs Dee xx