Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

I'd rather be......... snowgoose's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)

ideas on how to make a pop up

I want to make my daughter's swimming coach a christmas card. In my head I know what I want but I don't know how to go about it.

He is french and there was a lot of merriment when he told the kids he wanted them to 'explode' instead of the usual 'sprint.' So much so that the club logo now has a bomb on it.

I wanted to make a card that says 'hope your christmas' on the outside ( I can do this lol.) and on the inside a bomb on a pop up with the word 'explodes' on it, or behind it.

I've been looking at ways to make pop up cards and nothing seems to make me go 'oh yes! that's how.' If that makes any sense?

Any ideas?
    AKA --Genevieve--
    now coming to you from Queensland, Australia

Let the good times roll......... CraftyPrincess's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    You've just got to make a 'step' in your card. Fold a piece of thin card in half and draw a small rectangle in the middle of it so half of each side of the rectangle is on each side of the fold on your card. Cut the top line on the rectangle and the bottom line only then fold the 'step' up from the middle of your card. Glue the folded up piece of card inside your card blank and then when you open and close it it'll pop out. You can then put what you want on top of the step.
    Leo

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Look at Robert Sabuda's site - he may have a template you can adapt. Otherwise ceep (Extreme Cards and Papercrafting) has a whole section of her blog devoted to popup tutorials - scroll down on RHS for the various links.

HTH, Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."