Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    I will be thin ... I will Dee100's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilliboy View Post
    nicnak, i love that card. the bear is adorable, as are your boys! I also like the tag and i've done something similar (but not really iykwim) tonight - spooky!!!

well, I've just blogged so i can pop some pics of mine here.

ooooh, feel nervous posting my pics
    Lillie they are lovely, I will read up tomorrow when my poor eyes are not so tired. Well done, I bet you are feeling great.

nite x

View Gallery

Hi Lillie (you ok with this name?)

I have had a real good look at your cards, is the stamp you bought the Latin and music?

I really like the touch of red, it brings everything else out IYKWIM.

x

View Gallery

the name is fine Dee - it's my nickname, along with one i'd never share that my family insist on using!

thanks for looking at my cards. It's always a moral booster when people who love papercraft look at what you've made.

The latin music was a download topper i discovered on a site when looking for sentiments - one of those 'lucky' moments. i knew what i wanted to do this year and it was similar to this but involved the purchase of a £10+ stamp - then i found this topper in both sizes for next to nothing (not sure who and what i can mention here so i won't take a chance). the stamp i mention i bought is the floral one i've used on the cardstock - initially the card looked a little 'bare' until i remembered that stamp. i bought it when i was looking for black and white 12 x 12 papers but couldn't get just what i wanted and a lovely lady in a shop in hornsea suggested i make my own with a stamp, not being stamper this never occured to me but i bought 2 stamps and did just that and have 2 stunning (lol, imo) layouts as a result - shamelessly promoting, they are somewhere on my blog

oh, i am having a mega smug moment as i completely the last of my 50 xmas cards tonight!!!! way ahead of schedule, and i've even tidied everything away in my craft cupboard. I am stunned to have made 50 cards in less than 2 days.

View Gallery

the name is fine Dee - it's my nickname, along with one i'd never share that my family insist on using!

thanks for looking at my cards. It's always a moral booster when people who love papercraft look at what you've made.

The latin music was a download topper i discovered on a site when looking for sentiments - one of those 'lucky' moments. i knew what i wanted to do this year and it was similar to this but involved the purchase of a £10+ stamp - then i found this topper in both sizes for next to nothing (not sure who and what i can mention here so i won't take a chance). the stamp i mention i bought is the floral one i've used on the cardstock - initially the card looked a little 'bare' until i remembered that stamp. i bought it when i was looking for black and white 12 x 12 papers but couldn't get just what i wanted and a lovely lady in a shop in hornsea suggested i make my own with a stamp, not being stamper this never occured to me but i bought 2 stamps and did just that and have 2 stunning (lol, imo) layouts as a result - shamelessly promoting, they are somewhere on my blog

oh, i am having a mega smug moment as i completely the last of my 50 xmas cards tonight!!!! way ahead of schedule, and i've even tidied everything away in my craft cupboard. I am stunned to have made 50 cards in less than 2 days.
    Hi Lilli

Well done, you have put me to shame, I still have not done the last 4 cards and having a test done in hospital tomorrow so no chance then, maybe at the weekend.

Thanks for all the info; I do like to know how you all create your cards. Had another look on your blog, you do have some very nice work

Well it’s late and as much as I want to put tomorrow off it can’t be done and so to bed.

BTW I am green you have everything put away, that's what I long to do and I have my own room but still craft on the dinning room table and run upstairs for my stash; how crazy is that.

X

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee100 View Post
    Hi

Crash away, the more the merrier.

Love your card and your little men

I like your noel and the heart can I scrap lift if that term applies to cards.

x

'Course you can hun

I strongly suspect they're elements I've lifted from elsewhere anyway

Thanks for commenting on my boys, they do look rather angelic in that pic don't they....looks however, are very deceiving!!!!
    Nikki xxx

View Gallery

Left you some love Lillie!!!
    Nikki xxx

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Dee100 View Post
    Hi Lilli

Well done, you have put me to shame, I still have not done the last 4 cards and having a test done in hospital tomorrow so no chance then, maybe at the weekend.

Thanks for all the info; I do like to know how you all create your cards. Had another look on your blog, you do have some very nice work

Well it’s late and as much as I want to put tomorrow off it can’t be done and so to bed.

BTW I am green you have everything put away, that's what I long to do and I have my own room but still craft on the dinning room table and run upstairs for my stash; how crazy is that.

X

hope the appointment went well and you found some time to finish your cards.

I dream of having a craft room - i could have one upstairs (we have spare rooms) but i'd be like you, i prefer to be downstairs, near the kettle and the fridge i normally craft on the ironing board once i've done the ironing - its my treat for housework!

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by niknakscat View Post
    Left you some love Lillie!!!
    the excitement seeing comments!!!!!!!

View Gallery

'Course you can hun

I strongly suspect they're elements I've lifted from elsewhere anyway

Thanks for commenting on my boys, they do look rather angelic in that pic don't they....looks however, are very deceiving!!!!
    Thank you, going to make an element similar today.

View Gallery

hope the appointment went well and you found some time to finish your cards.

I dream of having a craft room - i could have one upstairs (we have spare rooms) but i'd be like you, i prefer to be downstairs, near the kettle and the fridge i normally craft on the ironing board once i've done the ironing - its my treat for housework!
    Hi Lilli

The procedure was not done and I am to try meds so got siked <sp?> up for nothing, but I was relieved.

Today is set aside for finishing the cards. Just need to do some ironing and then I will make a start.

x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I tend to make up to 10 in the same theme but there's usually something slightly different like a different ribbon or backing paper, different sentiment, colour scheme or the design turned 90 degrees. I have so many left over from last year I've hardly had to make any this year.

Also I like to do as many religious ones as I can, and they are really difficult to come up with a design for (Christmas trees and snowmen are SOO much easier), so I spend a lot of my time working out a design and then use it for a whole bunch of cards. I need to look at everyone's cards to be inspired!

Clare

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by mysticclare View Post
    I tend to make up to 10 in the same theme but there's usually something slightly different like a different ribbon or backing paper, different sentiment, colour scheme or the design turned 90 degrees. I have so many left over from last year I've hardly had to make any this year.

Also I like to do as many religious ones as I can, and they are really difficult to come up with a design for (Christmas trees and snowmen are SOO much easier), so I spend a lot of my time working out a design and then use it for a whole bunch of cards. I need to look at everyone's cards to be inspired!

Clare
    Hi Clare you sound like you are in control, do you have a Craft Robo if so you can do great silhouettes of 3 wise men, or the nativity.

x

View Gallery

Evening all

<<Yawn>> it's far too late for me to be up!!

I just blogged another batch though & thought you might like to take a look

I have a craftRobo Dee & I'm ashamed to say I've only used it a couple of times, I found it completely user-unfriendly to start with & gave up on it without really giving it a proper chance...one day, when I have lots of time on my hands (in about 15 years when my children are in their teens!) I'll try to get to grips with it
    Nikki xxx

View Gallery

Evening all

<<Yawn>> it's far too late for me to be up!!

I just blogged another batch though & thought you might like to take a look

I have a craftRobo Dee & I'm ashamed to say I've only used it a couple of times, I found it completely user-unfriendly to start with & gave up on it without really giving it a proper chance...one day, when I have lots of time on my hands (in about 15 years when my children are in their teens!) I'll try to get to grips with it
    i was a little like this with mine, can't use scraps and can't design templates! thought i'd wasted my money until i looked here and downloaded some templates that the lovely people make and share for free!!!!! then i branched out and started to buy ones from other sites (some from people on here )

i also started using a pen in it and love doing this - just need to work out how to get it to write where i want it to, exactly where i want it to.

lol, i think once ds has upped and left home i may get some spare time to try something complicated like inkscape!! opened it once and shut it quickly lol.
    wouldn't be without my robo though.

View Gallery

Hi Lilli

Hmm, y'know I have been thinking about my poor neglected piece of kit lately... I rather thought I could make some rather nice bunting with it... do you know if there are any bunting templates?
    Nikki xxx