Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (35)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee100 View Post
    That sounds very smart, think I would get very messy. Is the paste special or is there anything in our kitchen or DIY products that would work?
    I'm hoping it's not going to be too messy! I saw it on QVC too, and thought it looked impressive. The stencils are called Dreamweaver stencils if that's any help. There's quite a big choice too.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi there, i'm not new to uks but i am new to posting here and havn't introduced myself. mum of one, passionate about scrapping and a lover of all things crafty. i started with cards and am getting better.

all you ladies are scaring/calming me! the ones that have made them all are scaring me and the ones talking in the 'i'm going to....' manner are making me feel i'm in good company. i'm so disorganised this year that i only have 4 christmas prototypes made. I have thankfully got all the blanks/matts and toppers done so just a case of writing the list to see how many i need and getting a run at them. my ds is 7 and has made his 25 cards that he makes every year. my blog these are his creations. i was so proud, i showed him the first one and cut out a heap of random triangles, gave him my decorative scissors, glue and lolly sticks and off he went. he even did all the stamping himself. part of me is tempted to get him to do 25 more and steal them!!! lol, i bet that getting him to write them out will take longer!

looking forward to joining in more here.
    Last edited by lilliboy; 22-11-2010 at 10:18 PM.

I will be thin ... I will Dee100's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by lilliboy View Post
    Hi there, i'm not new to uks but i am new to posting here and havn't introduced myself. mum of one, passionate about scrapping and a lover of all things crafty. i started with cards and am getting better.

all you ladies are scaring/calming me! the ones that have made them all are scaring me and the ones talking in the 'i'm going to....' manner are making me feel i'm in good company. i'm so disorganised this year that i only have 4 christmas prototypes made. I have thankfully got all the blanks/matts and toppers done so just a case of writing the list to see how many i need and getting a run at them. my ds is 7 and has made his 25 cards that he makes every year. my blog these are his creations. i was so proud, i showed him the first one and cut out a heap of random triangles, gave him my decorative scissors, glue and lolly sticks and off he went. he even did all the stamping himself. part of me is tempted to get him to do 25 more and steal them!!! lol, i bet that getting him to write them out will take longer!

looking forward to joining in more here.
    Hi Lilli

Thanks for joining my thread. Loved the card made by your ds good design by you and well executed by ds.

Well I have just 4 left to make so that means I must have done about 66 the good news is that 66 are written, labelled and stamped and are awaiting December to be posted. I do have a few letters to write in about 6 of them but I will soon get them done. Had to stop today to make a 40th birthday card and because I had to get it in the post tonight I forgot to take a photograph and it was one I was particularly proud of

Hope you are all getting on with your cards.

x

View Gallery

oh i want to be organised! its birthdays that have held me back!

was it a card you can ask for back just for a photocall, obviously!

i WILL have half my cards made by Saturday!!!!! When checking back though, i was making last years around now, but they were a kit i bought that you threw together, a very good kit that would challenge anyone to make a bad card from but not taxing on design although fiddly!

if all else fails, i can put ds to work (may have to pay in chocolate :p).

View Gallery

oh i want to be organised! its birthdays that have held me back!

was it a card you can ask for back just for a photocall, obviously!

i WILL have half my cards made by Saturday!!!!! When checking back though, i was making last years around now, but they were a kit i bought that you threw together, a very good kit that would challenge anyone to make a bad card from but not taxing on design although fiddly!

if all else fails, i can put ds to work (may have to pay in chocolate :p).
    Thats a good idea I made it for my friends DIL and she will be going to see her this weekend, I am sure she will photograph it for me.

Half your cards made by weekend will be great, how many have you to do?

x

View Gallery

ermmmm about 50 ambitious or what!!!!

Mmmmm pretty paper.... MuckyFingers's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    I've just been asked to make 12 for a work colleague but need my Craft Robo.... Lead has gone walkies tho.
    These (when I find the lead) will be all to the same theme. He's provided the paper - digi music paper of a tune he did the arrangement on and the rest will be down to my inking and sticking

View Gallery

ermmmm about 50 ambitious or what!!!!
    You can do it

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by MuckyFingers View Post
    I've just been asked to make 12 for a work colleague but need my Craft Robo.... Lead has gone walkies tho.
    These (when I find the lead) will be all to the same theme. He's provided the paper - digi music paper of a tune he did the arrangement on and the rest will be down to my inking and sticking
    They sound interesting, hope you find robbies lead

View Gallery

ooooh, get me! half my cards by the weekend - job done by Wednesday. made 26 today and the other 26 are underway so i could actually have them all done by the weekend. i will feel so much better if i can achieve this.

do any of you wonder why you make christmas cards? i've had a mental tot up of the cost of my 50 and i stopped before i cried. cards for other occasions can most of the time work out cheaper (i never factor my time as it is a hobby) than buying a near decent one in the shops but christmas cards are cheap to buy so handmade work out 'a real dear do' as my gran would have said.

eta - thanks for the vote of confidence dee and i did!!!! will upload a pic as soon as i take one.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Hiya

Stumbled across your thread hope you don't mind me crashing

This year I'm making my cards in small batches - I design the card & make 4 all the same, any more than that & I think I'd be bored!!

Last year I didn't make ANY apart from for close family!! I didn't even send out shop bought ones!! Not sure what was going on there...Lol!!

The year before I made individual designs... q small no more that 10x10cm

All in all I hope to end up with about 20-30 handmade cards but I better get a move on as so far I've only made 2 batches... I've blogged one of them if you'd like to take a look...

I'm trying to keep it C&S this year

I feel inspired to do some colouring in I have a v cute magnolia snowman crying out to be inked up

Happy card making peeps!
    Nikki xxx

View Gallery

ooooh, get me! half my cards by the weekend - job done by Wednesday. made 26 today and the other 26 are underway so i could actually have them all done by the weekend. i will feel so much better if i can achieve this.

do any of you wonder why you make christmas cards? i've had a mental tot up of the cost of my 50 and i stopped before i cried. cards for other occasions can most of the time work out cheaper (i never factor my time as it is a hobby) than buying a near decent one in the shops but christmas cards are cheap to buy so handmade work out 'a real dear do' as my gran would have said.

eta - thanks for the vote of confidence dee and i did!!!! will upload a pic as soon as i take one.
    Well done, I had every confidence in you. Would love to see pics, I am so stupid I forget to photograph my cards and I have them all sealed in envelopes.

Yes, yes, yes every year. Half the people I send them to will not 'get' them, will not know the work I put in and will definitely not know the cost. Every year I say this is the last year then I feel guilty and start making them; then the stress starts. I still have the last 4 to do but they are started and tomorrow should be the day I finish the lot. The last four are going to be the same, just need a light bulb moment not getting any inspiration at all.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by niknakscat View Post
    Hiya

Stumbled across your thread hope you don't mind me crashing

This year I'm making my cards in small batches - I design the card & make 4 all the same, any more than that & I think I'd be bored!!

Last year I didn't make ANY apart from for close family!! I didn't even send out shop bought ones!! Not sure what was going on there...Lol!!

The year before I made individual designs... q small no more that 10x10cm

All in all I hope to end up with about 20-30 handmade cards but I better get a move on as so far I've only made 2 batches... I've blogged one of them if you'd like to take a look...

I'm trying to keep it C&S this year

I feel inspired to do some colouring in I have a v cute magnolia snowman crying out to be inked up

Happy card making peeps!
    Hi

Crash away, the more the merrier.

Love your card and your little men

I like your noel and the heart can I scrap lift if that term applies to cards.

x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    I make between 50 and 100, starting to make them round about the end of October. I tend to make them all different unless I find a design I really enjoyed making and then might do 3/4 the same. I make them for 2 reasons, I love stamping but dont tend to get much opportunity on my LO's to do that so its a chance to do something different and I also use it as a time to experiment with techniques. I tend to search the net for ideas and then have a go at reproducing some of the techniques I see that I like the effect of. I can master the new techniques on my cards and then take that into my scrapbooking.
    I only tend to buy crafting mags at christmas so have a pile of freebies from mags to make cards from, I have enough scraps to make cards for all this year and probably next year too.

View Gallery

nicnak, i love that card. the bear is adorable, as are your boys! I also like the tag and i've done something similar (but not really iykwim) tonight - spooky!!!

well, I've just blogged so i can pop some pics of mine here.

ooooh, feel nervous posting my pics