Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I will be thin ... I will Dee100's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by beanpole View Post
    I usually do about 200 for OH's business, but using one of his photos and then just adding a dash of glitter and a bow or a stamped image, so keep it simple and speedy.

Last year I robo'd a NOEL a bit bigger than an inchie, so I could glitter it and stick it onto a square of backing paper. V simple but it does use up paper I've already got. For the specials, I did a robo'd santa sleigh last year, on a glittery night background, but so far this year no inspiration. Really want to use the papers I've already got, and some of the fabric and ribbon I bought to do the Christmas scrapbook covers. It's amazing how small snippets of fabric and paper are often just enough to make a card.
    Using photo's sounds a really good idea, robbie is very useful at this time of the year, he earns his keep!

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - beanpole's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Think I know what this year's specials will be - mum's new neighbours are Russian. Which got me thinking of snow and forests and the Snow Queen. And I may even be able to 'recycle' Santa's sleigh image from last year!

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by beanpole View Post
    Think I know what this year's specials will be - mum's new neighbours are Russian. Which got me thinking of snow and forests and the Snow Queen. And I may even be able to 'recycle' Santa's sleigh image from last year!
    That sounds wonderful, cant wait to see them.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Last year I made about 20 different cards in individual designs and really struggled! This year i'm making sets of four of the same design boxed up to sell then will make a set of cards for personal use that have a common design in different colour ways x

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by lei_armstrong View Post
    Last year I made about 20 different cards in individual designs and really struggled! This year i'm making sets of four of the same design boxed up to sell then will make a set of cards for personal use that have a common design in different colour ways x
    That sounds sensible; I'm now making a few cards using papers and die cuts from a card magazine. Unfortunately the dies did not have the over spill of colour at the edge and the die has been left with white in places. I am no good at cutting so what are really lovely die cuts are for me no good. Although I have managed to salvage a few by cutting as best I can and chalking the edges.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I bought a Rachelle Anne Miller stamp, a Reindeer with Christmas lights. I'm doing all my cards this year using it so trying to get creative an make them a bit different from each other. The first 5 were easy enough but I have 95 to go!

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by craftytoffee View Post
    I bought a Rachelle Anne Miller stamp, a Reindeer with Christmas lights. I'm doing all my cards this year using it so trying to get creative an make them a bit different from each other. The first 5 were easy enough but I have 95 to go!
    That sounds like a plan. Good luck with the 95. I have about 11 left to make and I hope to get a good few of them done today.

View Gallery

I am making some mini cards to use up all the old stash before I buy new. ok ok I have some new stash just saving it for the special people in my life and those that appreciate a hand made card.
    Decided on a theme (mini easel) cut all the card and paper. stamped the images ready to colour and then will have a lovely afternoon assembling the cards. might make larger versions for my special people.
    shirley

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by purplefairy View Post
    I am making some mini cards to use up all the old stash before I buy new. ok ok I have some new stash just saving it for the special people in my life and those that appreciate a hand made card.
    Decided on a theme (mini easel) cut all the card and paper. stamped the images ready to colour and then will have a lovely afternoon assembling the cards. might make larger versions for my special people.
    What size are your mini cards and how do you go on for envelopes, do you make them yourself?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (35)
    I'm an assembly line girl - I only make one design. I make around 40 cards, and this year I'm thinking of using white embossing paste over a tree stencil, with white glitter on black card. That's as far as I've got so far though!

I also make about 20 for DH's business, but haven't even thought about those yet.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Dibby View Post
    I'm an assembly line girl - I only make one design. I make around 40 cards, and this year I'm thinking of using white embossing paste over a tree stencil, with white glitter on black card. That's as far as I've got so far though!

I also make about 20 for DH's business, but haven't even thought about those yet.
    That sounds very smart, think I would get very messy. Is the paste special or is there anything in our kitchen or DIY products that would work?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (51)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee100 View Post
    That sounds very smart, think I would get very messy. Is the paste special or is there anything in our kitchen or DIY products that would work?
    You buy the embossing paste, if you want to do it, ask in shop till you drop. I have seen it demo'd on QVC and looks good, and easy to use. I have sorted my design out for this year, using an embossing folder, but may go the embossing paste route for next year
    12 day of Christmas swap

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by caz890 View Post
    You buy the embossing paste, if you want to do it, ask in shop till you drop. I have seen it demo'd on QVC and looks good, and easy to use. I have sorted my design out for this year, using an embossing folder, but may go the embossing paste route for next year
    Hi thanks for that, I may give it a try.

View Gallery

Hi
    Dee my mini cards are 3" x 3" and 4" x 4" I cut the envelopes out using my ROBO there is a lovely template for a mini tote with 3 x 3 cards and envelopes by YorkiemomFlUSA in the miscelaneous/mixed images section in craft robo templates.
    i have made the 4x4 cards into mini easel cards they look cute. Also made the little tote bag and filled it with xmas cards (it holds 6) for my sister.
    shirley

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by purplefairy View Post
    Hi
    Dee my mini cards are 3" x 3" and 4" x 4" I cut the envelopes out using my ROBO there is a lovely template for a mini tote with 3 x 3 cards and envelopes by YorkiemomFlUSA in the miscelaneous/mixed images section in craft robo templates.
    i have made the 4x4 cards into mini easel cards they look cute. Also made the little tote bag and filled it with xmas cards (it holds 6) for my sister.
    Many thanks, I want some 5 x 5 envelopes unfortunately you can’t get that size out of A4 so robbie can’t help me. Would love to see you cards will you post to your gallery please?